Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Impeach Bush/Cheney . . .

1. Oct 22, 2005 #1

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

After reading several threads, the only recourse left is to force these individuals out of office and put a stop to the corruption.

Write your Congressperson and Senator.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=797407&postcount=283

Humvees in Kuwait, not in Iraq - https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=95969

Valeria Plame - https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=83110

This list could go on and on, and enough is enough.

And add Rumsfeld and DeLay to that. Make sure they don't come back!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2005 #2

russ_watters

What should the charges be?

4. Oct 22, 2005 #3

Astronuc

Begin with misleading Congress about the reasons for war. Bush had it on his mind to wage war in Iraq - before he was president. How about malfeasance - misconduct - in office?

As for Cheney, let's see what falls out of the Plame affair.

5. Oct 22, 2005 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sup_01_18_10_I_20_113C.html

6. Oct 22, 2005 #5

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

You might also add corruption charges on Bush.
    It shouldn't be too difficult to prove those.

7. Oct 22, 2005 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Apparently the aluminum tubes have come up a number of times as well during questioning .

8. Oct 22, 2005 #7

SOS2008

Gold Member

With a quick google, I was surprised at how many sites there were on the topic. The first page:

1) For Failing to Act on 9-11 Warnings

2) Dereliction Of Duty (most specifically Katrina)

3) High Crimes and Misdemeanors - Most notably:

This site is sponsored by various journalists and activists who have a petition people can sign requesting impeachment of President Bush and Vice President Cheney.

http://elandslide.org/elandslide/petition.cfm?campaign=impeach&refer=home

4) Treason (regarding the Plame case)

The Blood For Oil Artwork for Anti-War/Empire was interesting...

9. Oct 22, 2005 #8
    The scandal sheet

You may need to watch a short advertisement before accessing Salon.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2005/01/18/scandal/index.html

Clerverly leading the American people to believe that there was a connection between 9/11 and Iraq was the most immoral action that a president has ever comitted. "Grave and gathering danger my arse"

No matter how clever the indoctrination of the American people was, it was not legal. To accomplish it Bush commited; fraud, corruption, and conspiracy.

Without "big money ties" Bush would have been gone after his first term on any one of a number of charges.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2005
  10. Oct 22, 2005 #9
    I have gut feeling that anyone who signs this will end up on an FBI watch list.:mad: I signed on anyway.:smile:

11. Oct 22, 2005 #10
    Just one point- for the derliction of duty-

Katrina can not be laid at Bush's feet for one specific reason.

Mainly, legally, his hands were tied. Bush was not allowed, by law, to give any support to lousiana untill they asked for it. Once they asked for it, the federal goverment responded in a relativly timely manner. (Though reponse was not the most rapid, considering the circumstances, it actually wasn't that bad"

2. I have yet to see a deceantly proved accustation yet from these posts
    3. SOS2008- You can not legally impeach over misdeamenors.

12. Oct 23, 2005 #11

SOS2008

Gold Member

Please note--these were findings from various websites via a quick google just to provide an example of thoughts out there among the populace--not anything I came up with myself. There is evidence that pre-emptive invasion is illegal (already debated extensively).

If you can find it, I started a thread some time back about Bush and how trustworthy and honest he is (or should I say isn't). It was a lot of documentation. I'm certain you could find one thing if you were to be trustworthy and honest about it. :wink:

13. Oct 23, 2005 #12

Tide

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I think the topic is totally moot. You can argue all kinds of legal and alleged legal issues but we learned from the last administration that impeachment is a purely political undertaking.

14. Oct 23, 2005 #13
    How do you plan to get the votes from a Republican Congress?

15. Oct 23, 2005 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In a year + it won't be Republican anymore.

16. Oct 23, 2005 #15

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nonsense. Nixon was taken down by the mere threat of impeachment and it can be done again. As was evident all along, Clinton's impeachment was political assasination and nothing more, but as with Watergate, this is a matter of a genuine criminal acts of vast proportions by comparison.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2005
  17. Oct 23, 2005 #16
    In charges for impeachment, wouldn't the Downing Street Memos be enough? Add that with our own CIA reports of no WMD in Iraq when Bush claimed there were and that would add credence for treason towards the American public. Those documents could prove that he lied to the American public. Is that not enough?

18. Oct 23, 2005 #17

russ_watters

I said charges, Astronuc (Sos, Ivan, et al). Those aren't charges. If you could impeach someone for being an idiot or a jerk, half the Presidents we've had would have been impeached.

19. Oct 23, 2005 #18

russ_watters

Hehe. You actually believe that?

20. Oct 23, 2005 #19
    Actually, just curiosity, how many presidents have been impeached in the US, and were they Republicans or Democrats?

21. Oct 23, 2005 #20

kat

Andrew Jackson and Clinton...but niether were convicted. Clinton as you know was a Democrat as was Andrew.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?