Can Modwest save the day for our website's bandwidth needs?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the webhost increased Greg's bandwidth for a small fee, and Greg is thanking everyone by recommending their webhost, modwest.com. If you need a webhost, be sure to sign up with modwest.com using physicsforums.com as the referrer.
IMPORTANT: Hallelujah !

Our troubles are over ladies and gentlemen!
This afternoon I completed an extensive negotiation
with our webhost. They came through in fine fashion and agree to increase our bandwidth past the normal package agreement for a small fee.

So in order to thank them for such an unlikely agreement I want you all to consider modwest.com as a webhost should you need one. If you do choose to sign up with them put physicsforums.com as the referrer and we get $15 towards our hosting fees.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Dig it!

So, what's the going rate?

whoohoo!

Does that mean we still have to be carefull with how much bandwidth we are using for the rest of the month?

Originally posted by Monique
whoohoo!

Does that mean we still have to be carefull with how much bandwidth we are using for the rest of the month?

No, don't worry about it. I will let you know. :smile:

Congratulations Greg. Not only the creator of this fine set of forums, but a brilliant negotiator as well. :smile:

Greg, you are the greatest! what a coup! Congratulations.

How about getting rid of avatars to save some bandwidth?

Originally posted by Eh
How about getting rid of avatars to save some bandwidth?

I did that earlier, but we have a nice buffer now. So spend spend spend bandwidth : )

How much bandwidth does a site like this need? I presume that it must be a lot from looking at you annual costs, but I suppose some of the must go to vBullitin for you being aloud to use their forums.

Forums tend to eat up a lot of bandwidth.

I'm glad this problem is solved.

but what about combining the forums together again, I mean let Maths be one forum, and Logic one forum and so ...
this won't lead us to open each forum and load them and then read the topics.
If the topics are listed in the same page , this will make opening all the topics in a certain forum easier.

That's only a suggestion

What is the meaning of "Hallelujah" in the context of this statement?

The word "Hallelujah" is a religious term that means "praise be to God." It is often used in expressions of joy, gratitude, or celebration.

Why is "Hallelujah" considered an important word?

"Hallelujah" is considered an important word because it has been used for centuries as a way to express praise and thanksgiving to a higher power. It is also commonly associated with feelings of joy, hope, and gratitude.

What makes this statement "IMPORTANT: Hallelujah" different from other uses of the word?

The inclusion of the word "IMPORTANT" before "Hallelujah" adds emphasis and significance to the statement. It could be interpreted as a call to pay attention or give special consideration to the word or concept of "Hallelujah."

What is the scientific significance of "IMPORTANT: Hallelujah"?

As a scientist, it is not my place to assign scientific significance to a religious term. However, it could be argued that the use of "Hallelujah" in a scientific context could indicate a merging of faith and scientific understanding, or a recognition of the interconnectedness of spiritual and physical aspects of the world.

Is there any research or evidence supporting the importance of "Hallelujah"?

As a language and cultural concept, there is likely a great deal of research and evidence supporting the importance of "Hallelujah" in various religious and social contexts. However, as a single word or term, there may not be specific research or evidence supporting its importance. It ultimately depends on the perspective and beliefs of the individual or group using the word.