Important Punch Buggy: Life & Bruising Tips

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Important
In summary, the conversation is discussing the differences between the old and new versions of the VW Beetle and whether or not the new bugs are as impressive as the old ones. The conversation also touches on off-roading experiences with the Beetle and a story about helping stranded cars in the snow with a Beetle.

Are New Punch Buggys allowed?

• Yes, new Punch Buggys count

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No. Classic only

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
DaveC426913
Gold Member
This is a matter of life and bruising.

(The official website(s) are no help, since there's an official one for each camp.)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Absolutely.

A bug is a bug is a bug.

Punch Buggy VW commercial

Last edited by a moderator:
Punch Buggy? We called them Slug Bugs!

Are you talking about the newest ones that are build on the PQ35 platform (like a Audi Q3) exclusively? Or the previous ones on the PQ34 (like the Audi TT) AND the newest generation?

I say the original "New Beetle" on the PQ34 counts (up until 2010), but since the newest ones share an SUV platform, they no longer count.

DaveC426913 said:
This is a matter of life and bruising.

(The official website(s) are no help, since there's an official one for each camp.)
Are new bugs as lame as old bugs? Then yes.

i went off-roading in an old bug once, up rainy dirt roads through the old strip pit mines here before they closed them off. they can be pretty impressive at times.

Proton Soup said:
i went off-roading in an old bug once, up rainy dirt roads through the old strip pit mines here before they closed them off. they can be pretty impressive at times.
I used to commute to work with 2 colleagues in a VW beetle. One day there was a heavy snow and by the time we started for home there was a foot on the ground and still coming down hard. As we traveled home on the highway, on the upgrades there were stalled cars in our way. We would get out of the beetle, help push them to the side, get back in and continue on to the next upgrade.

1. What is the purpose of "Important Punch Buggy: Life & Bruising Tips"?

The purpose of "Important Punch Buggy: Life & Bruising Tips" is to provide information and tips for avoiding injury and staying safe while playing the popular car game, Punch Buggy.

2. What are some common injuries associated with playing Punch Buggy?

Some common injuries associated with playing Punch Buggy include bruises, sprains, and strains from punching or being punched by other players, as well as accidents and collisions while trying to spot and call out Punch Buggies.

3. How can I reduce my risk of injury while playing Punch Buggy?

To reduce your risk of injury while playing Punch Buggy, it is important to play in a safe and controlled manner. This means refraining from punching too hard, being aware of your surroundings, and wearing appropriate safety gear such as seatbelts and protective padding.

4. Are there any specific techniques for punching in Punch Buggy?

Yes, there are some techniques that can help reduce the risk of injury while punching in Punch Buggy. These include using an open hand instead of a closed fist, aiming for soft areas of the body such as the arm or leg, and avoiding punching too forcefully.

5. Is it safe for children to play Punch Buggy?

Punch Buggy can be a fun game for children, but it is important for parents and caregivers to supervise and ensure that safety measures are in place. Children should be taught to play in a controlled manner and to avoid punching too hard. It is also important for children to wear appropriate safety gear, such as seatbelts, while in a moving vehicle.