Important Reminder: Fast Forward Your Clocks by 1 Hour

• Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Important
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of Daylight Savings Time and its effects on different people. Some argue that it is beneficial while others find it to be a hassle and unnecessary. The conversation also touches on the idea of extending DST and the frustrations it brings for those who are not morning people.
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
Good morning America, this is V speaking.

If you haven't already figured it out you need to fast foward your clocks by an hour.

That is all.

...End of Transmission...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Or you can forget and get away with being an hour late.

Or I'll ban DST when I assume full autocratic power over the world. I'm halfway there already.

franzbear! said:
Or I'll ban DST when I assume full autocratic power over the world. I'm halfway there already.
No way! Daylight Savings Time is good. In fact, I think we should have Double Dog Daylight Savings Time between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

What good is it to have sunrise at 4:30 AM? It's better to have sunrise at 6:30 AM with sunset at 9:30 PM.

It's simply a matter of perspective, which would explain the difference of ideas. You live in a place where without DST the sun would rise ridiculously early, or so it sounds, but the fact is the sun is rising all the time, every time. It simply depends on where you are on earth. Since I cannot be described as being "somewhere", I tend to be a little less restricted by this physical inhibition. DST is a hassle, generaly useless, and very irritating. Set the clocks to one time and leave it that way.

BobG said:
No way! Daylight Savings Time is good. In fact, I think we should have Double Dog Daylight Savings Time between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

What good is it to have sunrise at 4:30 AM? It's better to have sunrise at 6:30 AM with sunset at 9:30 PM.
If the sun rose at 4:30 AM, I might actually be awake by 6:30 AM, that's the difference! :biggrin: When I lived a little further west in the time zone, and the sun didn't go down until 10:30 PM, what good is that either? Then I couldn't fall asleep to get up at any hour of the morning. :grumpy:

And next year they're planning to start DST in March! An extra month of waking up in the dark. What a dumb idea.

[/rant] (Can you tell who is NOT a morning person?)

Moonbear, you are preaching to the choir. To me, the day starts at 11, and ends at 4 am. :biggrin:

1. Why do we have to fast forward our clocks by 1 hour?

We have to fast forward our clocks by 1 hour because of daylight saving time. This is a practice where clocks are adjusted forward by 1 hour during the spring and then adjusted back by 1 hour in the fall to make better use of natural daylight.

2. When do we have to fast forward our clocks by 1 hour?

We have to fast forward our clocks by 1 hour on the second Sunday in March, at 2:00 AM local time. This is when daylight saving time begins. It ends on the first Sunday in November, at 2:00 AM local time.

3. How does fast forwarding our clocks affect our daily routines?

Fast forwarding our clocks by 1 hour can affect our daily routines in different ways. Some people may feel tired or groggy due to losing an hour of sleep, while others may enjoy having more daylight in the evening to do outdoor activities.

4. Is fast forwarding our clocks by 1 hour necessary?

Yes, it is necessary to fast forward our clocks by 1 hour to follow the standardized system of daylight saving time. This helps to maximize the use of natural daylight and save energy.

5. What happens if I forget to fast forward my clock by 1 hour?

If you forget to fast forward your clock by 1 hour, you may arrive at appointments or events an hour early. It's always a good idea to double check your clock and make sure it is set correctly to avoid any confusion or inconvenience.