Help Me Find the Answer to My Problem!

• Thread starter Gilster
  • Start date
In summary, to effectively research and gather information to solve a problem, start by identifying relevant keywords and using search engines, databases, and other resources to find credible sources. It's important to critically evaluate the reliability and bias of each source. To narrow down your research, try using advanced search techniques and searching within specific databases or websites. If you can't find a solution through research, consider consulting with experts or discussing your problem with others. To organize your research and findings, create a mind map or outline and keep a research journal or document to track your progress.
Gilster
Hi,

I've been stuck for hours and I was hoping anyone can help. I'm not even sure how to start the problem. Am I supposed to find the value of the resistor R or find different w/l values for the mosfets? How do I approach the problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 436
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Gilster. http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif

Using the constants given, what is your equation relating ##I_D## to ##V_{GS}##?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty incomplete picture.
What is the value of R?
What does "12/1" mean?

1. How can I effectively research and gather information to solve my problem?

The first step in solving any problem is to research and gather information. Start by identifying keywords related to your problem and use search engines, databases, and other resources to find relevant information. Make sure to evaluate the credibility and reliability of your sources.

2. Where can I find reliable sources of information?

Some reliable sources of information include peer-reviewed articles, books, and government websites. It's important to critically evaluate the credibility and bias of each source before using it to solve your problem.

3. How can I narrow down my research to find the most relevant information?

To narrow down your research, try using advanced search techniques such as using specific keywords, limiting the date range, and using Boolean operators (AND, OR, NOT). You can also try searching within specific databases or websites that specialize in your topic.

4. What should I do if I can't find a solution to my problem through research?

If you can't find a solution through research, try reaching out to experts in the field or consulting with a mentor or advisor. Sometimes discussing your problem with others can lead to new insights and solutions.

5. How can I organize my research and findings to effectively solve my problem?

One way to organize your research and findings is by creating a mind map or outline. This can help you see connections and relationships between different pieces of information and guide your problem-solving process. Additionally, consider keeping a research journal or document to track your progress and ideas.