Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Improvising in Flash

1. Apr 26, 2004 #1
    Hello all,

I am designing a tutorial in Mathematics for school. This tutorial has to be done in Flash.

There is this java applet online that I would very much like to use. Here it is: http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/java/shm/shm.html

I would like to draw something very similar to those strings and circle in Flash. Please, could someone help me?

I just started learning to use Flash two days ago and I've only just been acquainted with the basics such as tweening, but I already have a rudimentary idea of how the program works.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2004 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

4. Apr 27, 2004 #3
    Well, I AM a very-slow-to-catch-on Beginner.

I just found another site: http://actionscript-toolbox.com/mathobject.php

The Flash animation of the sine curve being drawn looks really good. However, when I downloaded the source and opened it it seemed that it wasn't done as a movie (it wasn't done frame by frame). Now, I would really like to export this particular animation into .avi format. Is this possible? How do I manipulate the source so that it shows the sine curve being drawn frame by frame? If it is too difficult for beginners, could someone please help me to do just this as I desperately need it as soon as possible. Thank you.

[EDIT: This is not homework if you are wondering. It's for a tutorial (being done as a video) I want to design for a mathematics project. Go to the General Math Section to see more]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2004
  5. Apr 27, 2004 #4

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Of course it wasn't done frame by frame. It's too darn inefficient. I don't think you'll have enough time to learn actionscript and do the project. You should just download to flash videos and use this program to convert to avi:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/swf2avi.html

6. Apr 27, 2004 #5
    How do you download to Flash videos? They only provide the .fla source and I can't download it in .swf, which I need to convert to .avi.

7. Apr 27, 2004 #6
    OK, I just managed to export the .fla source into .swf (it plays nicely). However, when I tried converting .swf to .avi with the program you just mentioned the program wouldn't let me because it says there are too few frames. What can I do?

8. Apr 27, 2004 #7

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

You might want to ask that question in some Flash forum. I have no idea.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?