Impulse Gravity Generator Based on Charged YBa_2Cu_3O_{7-y} Superconductor

In summary: As the summary of the conversation, it can be concluded that there has been experimental research conducted on high-Tc superconductors, which has led to the discovery of an unexpected physical interaction. This interaction involves the emission of a focused beam of radiation that exerts a short repulsive force on small movable objects, which appears to be proportional to their mass and independent of their composition. This phenomenon has been compared to gravity, but cannot be explained by general relativity. A theory has been proposed that combines a quantum gravity approach with anomalous vacuum fluctuations. However, there have been doubts raised about the validity of these results and the peer review process involved in obtaining funding for this research.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Assuming that this must be controversial at best, I am posting FYI.

Impulse Gravity Generator Based on Charged YBa_2Cu_3O_{7-y} Superconductor with Composite Crystal Structure

The detection of apparent anomalous forces in the vicinity of high-Tc superconductors under non equilibrium conditions has stimulated an experimental research in which the operating parameters of the experiment have been pushed to values higher than those employed in previous attempts. The results confirm the existence of an unexpected physical interaction. An apparatus has been constructed and tested in which the superconductor is subjected to peak currents in excess of 10^4 A, surface potentials in excess of 1 MV, trapped magnetic field up to 1 T, and temperature down to 40 K. In order to produce the required currents a high voltage discharge technique has been employed. Discharges originating from a superconducting ceramic electrode are accompanied by the emission of radiation which propagates in a focused beam without noticeable attenuation through different materials and exerts a short repulsive force on small movable objects along the propagation axis. Within the measurement error (5 to 7 %) the impulse is proportional to the mass of the objects and independent on their composition. It therefore resembles a gravitational impulse. The observed phenomenon appears to be absolutely new and unprecedented in the literature. It cannot be understood in the framework of general relativity. A theory is proposed which combines a quantum gravity approach with anomalous vacuum fluctuations.

http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/physics/0108005

Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan,
Were you conducting tests with one
of these? Is that why the site
was down all evening?This is mighty peculiar. How is
it they're comparing it to grav-
ity? It seems to be a "push" ray.

In any event, if it's for real
it could lead to some extrordina-
ry technology.

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
Ivan,
Were you conducting tests with one
of these? Is that why the site
was down all evening?[/B]

This is mighty peculiar. How is
it they're comparing it to grav-
ity? It seems to be a "push" ray.

In any event, if it's for real
it could lead to some extrordina-
ry technology.

Pretty interesting indeed. I would have expected to hear something about this by now; of course it is only a couple of years old. I have never searched for additional information about this as yet.

How is it they're comparing it to gravity? It seems to be a "push" ray.

The key statement is:
the impulse is proportional to the mass of the objects and independent on their composition

This implies a gravity related phenomenon; but as you said, in the wrong direction.

Ivan,

I went to the site and looked at
the diagrams of the apparatus and
it doesn't seem as exiting as it
did at first. It's looking like
there are two sort of Van de Graff
thingies between which this effect
takes place. In other words, not
a ray at all, but simply a high
potential/low potential situation.

No spaceship propulsion that I
can see. Take a look, maybe you
can make more sense out of it.

zoob

Ivan,

I went to the site and looked at
the diagrams of the apparatus and
it doesn't seem as exiting as it
did at first. It's looking like
there are two sort of Van de Graff
thingies between which this effect
takes place. In other words, not
a ray at all, but simply a high
potential/low potential situation.

No spaceship propulsion that I
can see. Take a look, maybe you
can make more sense out of it.

zoob

The claim is the repeatable measurement of "mass dependent anomalous forces". These people know how to account for additional forces; not to say however that they might not be in error. However, electric forces will not act purely as a function of mass. Also, that this is a follow up [yielding improved results] should indicate that some degree of peer review has already taken place.

Last edited:
THis guy published the same type of thing a decade ago. A company in the US gave him a ton of money and he couldn't reproduce the results.

jmd

Originally posted by nbo10
THis guy published the same type of thing a decade ago. A company in the US gave him a ton of money and he couldn't reproduce the results.

jmd

Well I am sure that if we just gave him enough money it would work eventually.

Too bad. It sounded interesting. I was wondering why nothing else had shown up in the lit about this.

What happened to the process of peer review? Wouldn't other professors review his work before he was given another grant?

Also, are you sure that these are not the results sought by the original funding? He does mention some previous, less significant results.

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
Well I am sure that if we just gave him enough money it would work eventually. This is true. Or you could give
me the grant money and I could
push an object or two around on
a table top for a few minutes
every day.

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking

What happened to the process of peer review? Wouldn't other professors review his work before he was given another grant?

Unfortunately this isn't always the case especially for government/military/nasa research. This could just as easily happen in research funded by a private corperation.

Without the proper peer review process it can be very tempting to report a negative result as inconclusive and requiring further invesitgation. Especially because otherwise is basically telling who's paying you to fire you.

Gravity generator or not what amazes me is that anything should repel at all.

1. What is an impulse gravity generator based on a charged YBa_2Cu_3O_{7-y} superconductor?

An impulse gravity generator is a device that uses the principles of electromagnetism and superconductivity to create a temporary change in the gravitational force within a specific area. It is based on the use of a charged YBa_2Cu_3O_{7-y} superconductor, which is a type of material that exhibits zero electrical resistance when cooled to extremely low temperatures.

2. How does an impulse gravity generator work?

An impulse gravity generator works by creating a strong magnetic field using the charged YBa_2Cu_3O_{7-y} superconductor. This magnetic field interacts with the Earth's gravitational field and causes a temporary distortion, creating a localized change in the gravitational force. This effect is similar to the way a magnet can attract or repel other objects, but on a much larger and more powerful scale.

3. What are the potential applications of an impulse gravity generator?

An impulse gravity generator has the potential for various applications, including aerospace technology, space propulsion, and even artificial gravity for space habitats. It could also potentially be used for lifting and moving heavy objects, as well as medical applications such as reducing the effects of osteoporosis.

4. What are the challenges in developing an impulse gravity generator based on a charged YBa_2Cu_3O_{7-y} superconductor?

One of the biggest challenges in developing an impulse gravity generator is the need for extremely low temperatures to maintain the superconducting state of the YBa_2Cu_3O_{7-y} material. This requires advanced and costly cryogenic technology. Other challenges include controlling and manipulating the magnetic field and finding ways to scale up the technology for practical use.

5. Are there any ethical concerns surrounding the use of an impulse gravity generator?

As with any new technology, there may be ethical concerns surrounding the use of an impulse gravity generator. Some potential concerns could include the effects on the environment and the potential for misuse or unintended consequences. It is important for thorough research and testing to be conducted before any widespread implementation of this technology.