Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

In the centre of mass 2?

1. Oct 19, 2003 #1
    Hi guys,

I am exploring the notion that at the centre of all mass or intensities is a centre of absolute nothing. I wont go into why I am exploring this but the question that is of interests is :

How can "nothing " be proved either in theory or by evidence except by default?

And If "nothing" can not be proven then I believe a theory of gravity will never be achieved using current methods.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 19, 2003 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

There are TWO theories of gravity which together explain quite adequately how gravity works. I recommend learning them.

4. Oct 22, 2003 #3
    Sure they work, but are they right?

5. Oct 22, 2003 #4

russ_watters

They are right within the limits of their respective scopes.

6. Oct 22, 2003 #5
    More precisely, they are most close to the real model of gravity, but of course they are not right theories (just a sets of rules, which whether well or bad work). However, today we have nothing better than they are.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2003
  7. Oct 23, 2003 #6
    quote:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------Originally posted by russ_watters
    They are right within the limits of their respective scopes.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes they right within the scope of observation mixed with some
    believes.

8. Oct 23, 2003 #7

russ_watters

Beliefs? Beliefs have nothing to do with them. Observation is how we know they are right and how we know the scope of their utility.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?