What's the Trick to Solving Incline Plane Problems?

In summary, the conversation discusses solving a problem using acceleration and forces. The use of free body diagrams and tension is also mentioned as a possible method. The speaker also asks about how to justify their answer on a test without using these methods. The other person confirms that they have the correct answer and that it does not require further justification.
Optikspik
Poster has been reminded to use the Homework Help Template in future schoolwork threads
wyCM1Mm.png

How i solve this problem would be, i assume acceleration to go right and downwards. WHich would give me the equation. The forces promotes the acceleration - the forces which opposes the acceleration = F_net

uzCVFta.png

However, U could solve this with free body diagrams, and Tension. How come I can just do like this and get the right answer? LIke how do i "motivate" on the test, without doing free body diagram and equation systems! Has it something to do with TEnsion = internal force and we look at the forces on the whole system external? Or how would u write on a test, just to motivate that u don't just guess the numbers!?

2. Do i get the correct answer? :p

Physics news on Phys.org
That is correct, and I don't think it needs further motivation.
You have the implicit assumption that both accelerations are the same in magnitude, but that is easy to see.

What is the "Incline Easy Plane Problem"?

The Incline Easy Plane Problem is a physics problem that involves a block sliding down an inclined plane with a certain angle of incline, mass, and coefficient of friction. It is often used to demonstrate the application of Newton's laws of motion and the concept of forces.

How do you calculate the acceleration of the block in the Incline Easy Plane Problem?

The acceleration of the block can be calculated using the formula a = (mgsinθ - μmgcosθ)/m, where m is the mass of the block, g is the acceleration due to gravity, θ is the angle of incline, and μ is the coefficient of friction.

What forces are acting on the block in the Incline Easy Plane Problem?

The forces acting on the block are the force of gravity (mg), the normal force (mgcosθ), and the force of friction (μmgcosθ).

How does the angle of incline affect the motion of the block in the Incline Easy Plane Problem?

The steeper the angle of incline, the greater the force of gravity acting on the block in the direction of motion. This results in a larger acceleration and a faster motion down the inclined plane.

What is the significance of the coefficient of friction in the Incline Easy Plane Problem?

The coefficient of friction determines the amount of resistance the block experiences as it slides down the inclined plane. A higher coefficient of friction means a greater force of friction acting on the block, resulting in a slower motion and a shorter distance traveled.