1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Incline easy plane problem

1. Oct 12, 2015 #1
    • Poster has been reminded to use the Homework Help Template in future schoolwork threads
    wyCM1Mm.png

How i solve this problem would be, i assume acceleration to go right and downwards. WHich would give me the equation. The forces promotes the acceleration - the forces which opposes the acceleration = F_net

uzCVFta.png

However, U could solve this with free body diagrams, and Tension. How come I can just do like this and get the right answer? LIke how do i "motivate" on the test, without doing free body diagram and equation systems! Has it something to do with TEnsion = internal force and we look at the forces on the whole system external? Or how would u write on a test, just to motivate that u dont just guess the numbers!?

2. Do i get the correct answer? :p

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2015 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

That is correct, and I don't think it needs further motivation.
    You have the implicit assumption that both accelerations are the same in magnitude, but that is easy to see.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted