1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Inclined plane

1. Mar 12, 2008 #1
    My problem states, 2s is required for the mass to slide the distance d from a resting position. If the height h is increased by a factor of 4, while holding theta(angle) at 30, how long does it take the mass to slide the new distance d from rest?

height h =5.

My main question is (don't laugh please) When increasing by a factor of 4, is my height now 6.25? I know how to do the rest of the problem. g*sin*theta, then to d=1/2at^2, but I seem to have completely lost my brain regarding that part of the problem:)

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 12, 2008 #2

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

An increase by a factor of 4 means that you multiply the original value by 4.

P.S. The Tutorial Sub-Forum is not for posting homework questions. Please post homework questions in the appropriate forum next time :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?