Speaking as a blue water sailor, I also say yes. In fact we have the phrase "rogue wave" for the case when several ocean waves from several directions interfere positively.
We also have the phrase "confused seas" for the case when multiple trains of waves arrive from different directions with different periods, amplitudes & phases. To the person riding in a small boat, it feels random. But it isn't really random.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving