Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Incredible Adventures

1. Jun 30, 2008 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 30, 2008 #2
    Damn thats pretty cool!

4. Jun 30, 2008 #3
  5. Jun 30, 2008 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I did Air Combat. And yes, do it, no matter what it takes!

6. Jun 30, 2008 #5
    You did it? Seriously? Ok, i'm jealous.

How touchy were the instructors with how you maneuvered the plane? Could you give it all you got or did they occasionally tell you to let up or take it easy?

7. Jun 30, 2008 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No kidding, and it was by far one of the most memorable hours of my life. They only interfered a couple of times - once when I was in a nose dive and approaching the hard deck, and once more when I tried to pull out of a loop too tightly. They did offer minor corrections a few times, and we were instructed to start each dog fight with a specific maneuver, but all in all I did what I wanted to do.

And I didn't throw-up or pass-out. :biggrin: When it was over, I was literally incapable of driving the car home - I was in complete adrenalin overload. However, I did catch myself driving 80-90 mph, several times, over the next few weeks.

8. Jul 1, 2008 #7

I tried that once, and the FAA got piSSSSSSSSED.

9. Jul 1, 2008 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Heh, yes, there was an area over the coastal mountain range that I believe was specified for our use only. I know for sure that our air space for maneuvers was tightly controlled.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?