1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Indefinite Intergrals

1. Feb 3, 2010 #1

DMT

Hey, I just need you guys to help verify that I got the correct answers on some of the even integration problems in my book. If one of them is incorrect, I'll post my work and hopefully can find out where I went wrong. Thanks!

1. [tex]\int[/tex] xcos(x[tex]^{2}[/tex])dx = [tex]\frac{1}{2}[/tex] sin(x[tex]^{2}[/tex]) +C

2. [tex]\int[/tex] x[tex]^{2}[/tex]cos(x)dx = x[tex]^{2}[/tex]sinx + 2xcosx - 2sinx + C

3. [tex]\int[/tex] x[tex]^{2}[/tex]e[tex]^{-x}[/tex]dx = -e[tex]^{-x}[/tex](x[tex]^{2}[/tex] +2x + 2) + C

4. [tex]\int[/tex] e[tex]^{x}[/tex]sinxdx = [tex]\frac{1}{2}[/tex](-e[tex]^{x}[/tex]cosx + e[tex]^{x}[/tex]sinx) + C

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 3, 2010 #2

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Hah! They are all right. Which probably suggests you are pretty good at what you are doing and don't really have a real "question". I'm not sure just checking homework answers is really what we're about here.

4. Feb 3, 2010 #3

DMT

Ok, sorry! I just wanted to make sure they were correct before I turned it in so my instructor wouldn't take off points. I'll keep my posts to HW help from now on. Though, if one of the answers ended up being incorrect, the post would have turned into a homework help post right away ;)

5. Feb 3, 2010 #4
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyltryptamine" [Broken]??

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  6. Feb 3, 2010 #5

DMT

fun stuff!

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  7. Feb 3, 2010 #6

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Oh, that's ok. But there is no reason to post to HW help just to check answers to avoid point reductions. I think you should be genuinely confused before posting. Just my opinion.

8. Feb 4, 2010 #7

vela

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Education Advisor

You can use the online integrator provided by Wolfram to check your answers.

http://integrals.wolfram.com/index.jsp

Also, you could just differentiate your result and see if you recover the integrand.

9. Feb 4, 2010 #8

DMT

Wow! That is an amazing tool. Thanks for the link!

10. Feb 4, 2010 #9

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook