News Independence of Israel

• Thread starter Majd100
  • Start date
If you would like to talk about this issue, then you should balance your answer by presenting the victims from both sides!!
There have been many threads on Israel-Palestine in the past but all went downhill producing discussion going nowhere because no one was willing to bring balance in their thinking.

But without going into what is right and what is wrong (which is impossible to discuss), I believe things will be against Israel interest if Obama comes back in 2012.

skippy1729

Also for every innocent Israeli killed, there are more than 50 innocent Palestinian victim by the Israeli army. If you would like to talk about this issue, then you should balance your answer by presenting the victims from both sides!!

I am not going to get into a discussion of "kill ratios". What is crystal clear is that the Israelis do not TARGET innocent civilians and children but the Palestinians do TARGET innocent civilians and children.

Majd100

I am not going to get into a discussion of "kill ratios". What is crystal clear is that the Israelis do not TARGET innocent civilians and children but the Palestinians do TARGET innocent civilians and children.
You could say that before the U-tube and the internet age, but now all what you can do is writing the following on u-tube:

Settlers+Palestine or masscres+Palestine

At least there are two international reports who blamed Israel for targeting civilians.

skippy1729

At least there are two international reports who blamed Israel for targeting civilians.
And who are these reports from? I hope it is not fairy tales from the UN human rights commission.

Skippy

Majd100

And who are these reports from? I hope it is not fairy tales from the UN human rights commission.

Skippy
So who I should believe if the UN is not trusted source?!

David Ben-Gurion, May 1948, to the General Staff.
From Ben-Gurion, A Biography, by Michael Ben-Zohar, Delacorte, New York 1978:

"We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab population."

The influential Israeli Rabbi Ovadia Yosef exclaimed during a sermon preceding the 2001 Passover holiday, :

"May the Holy Name visit retribution on the
Arab heads, and cause their seed to be lost, and annihilate them." He added: "It is forbidden to have pity on them. We must give them missiles with relish, annihilate them. Evil ones, damnable ones." -- Source: Ha'aretz April 12, 2001.

David Ben Gurion, quoted in The Jewish Paradox, by Nahum Goldmann, Weidenfeld and Nicolson,
1978, p. 99:

"Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist. Not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either. Nahlal arose in the place of Mahlul; Kibbutz Gvat in the place of Jibta; Kibbutz Sarid in the place of Huneifis; and Kefar Yehushua in the place of Tal al-Shuman. There is not a single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population."

Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998:

"It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism, colonialization, or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fD2bMavK8Y
About:
Khaled Al Sabawi, a Palestinian-Canadian Engineer, received his degree in Computer Engineering from the University of Waterloo in Canada in 2006 and later became the first certified Geothermal Engineer in the Middle East. Khaled installed the first geothermal systems in Palestine in 2007 and went on to becoming the Founder and President of MENA Geothermal, a Palestinian green energy business. MENA Geothermal was awarded the National Energy Globe Award in 2008 and is currently installing the largest geothermal system in the Middle East at a capacity of 1.6 MW megawatts at the University of Madaba in Jordan. Khaled was named "One of the World's Top Energy Entrepreneurs" by Global Post and was recently promoted to the position of General Manager of UCI, MENA's parent company and one of the largest real-estate development companies in Palestine.
Interesting opinions from a young Palestinian, educated in West, working on green energy initiatives in Palestine.
Temporary obstacles from Israel: see 10:30

I think people like this guy are only the one bright hope for Palestine.