Independent research submissions

• Thread starter jhmar
  • Start date
In summary, independent research submissions serve the purpose of sharing original research findings with the scientific community for review and publication. To submit your research, you must follow the specific guidelines and submission process of the chosen journal or conference, which typically involves preparing a manuscript and providing supporting materials. It is possible to submit to multiple publications, but it is important to check their guidelines for simultaneous submissions. The review process for independent research can vary greatly in length, ranging from a few weeks to several months, with the option for expedited review for an additional fee. If your submission is rejected, you will receive feedback from the reviewers to help improve your research for future submissions.
jhmar
I am having a problem with the rules in that I cannot submit the whole of my research in one article due to the limit placed on the size of attachments. Am I misreading the rules or is there a solution to this problem?

Physics news on Phys.org
You can split up your attachments...part 1, part 2, etc., as needed.

1. What is the purpose of independent research submissions?

The purpose of independent research submissions is for scientists to present their original research findings to the scientific community for review and publication.

2. How do I submit my independent research for publication?

To submit your independent research for publication, you will need to follow the guidelines and submission process of the specific scientific journal or conference you wish to submit to. This typically involves preparing a manuscript, filling out a submission form, and providing any necessary supporting materials.

3. Can I submit my independent research to multiple journals or conferences?

Yes, you can submit your independent research to multiple journals or conferences. However, it is important to check the submission guidelines of each publication to ensure that simultaneous submissions are allowed.

4. How long does the review process typically take for independent research submissions?

The review process for independent research submissions can vary greatly depending on the journal or conference. On average, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months for a decision to be made. Some publications also offer expedited review options for an additional fee.

5. What happens if my independent research submission is rejected?

If your independent research submission is rejected, you will typically receive feedback from the reviewers on why it was not accepted. You can use this feedback to improve your research and submit it to another publication. It is common for research to go through multiple rounds of revisions and rejections before being accepted for publication.