Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

India - bashing

1. Jun 23, 2005 #1
    Lets all have a party. Start complaining all u want in alphabetical order.
    Okay since I'm going to be a Prime Minister of India in the future so I'll see what are all the complaints u have of India. Please make all the bashes relevent to present time.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2005 #2
    Pakistan, Bangladesh and China

4. Jun 23, 2005 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I just have one major complaint. You need much better desserts. Those brown dough-ball things that are soaked in honey are just gross.

The mango pudding is pretty good though.

5. Jun 23, 2005 #4
    your call centres suck.

6. Jun 23, 2005 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I agree, your call centers suck, genetically alter your voices please.

7. Jun 23, 2005 #6

SOS2008

Gold Member

chound, this is too funny. Okay, like the U.S., India needs to be more concerned about the environment, specifically green house emissions. And India needs to be more concerned about over-population.

8. Jun 23, 2005 #7

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's all very well, but I just think their call centres suck. I don't have a problem with the voices, I have a problem with their shocking inability to follow simple instructions, such as "please send my new credit card to THIS address", or "please cancel THIS standing order".

9. Jun 23, 2005 #8

jma2001

Gold Member

Hey, who's ragging on gulab jamin? They're (almost too) sweet and I wouldn't want to eat more than one or two at a time, but I like them. And palek paneer is my favorite dish of all time. I have no complaints about India, the food or the people.

10. Jun 23, 2005 #9

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I don't have a problem with the call centers there, I think on average the person I reach in India is a heck of a lot smarter and more polite than most call centers employees I've reached in the US. Sad, but true.

I worked for AT&T and EVERY tech person we had in New Jersey was from India and they were one damn BRIGHT group of guys. I just couldn't pronounce their names. :redface:

11. Jun 23, 2005 #10

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We've obviously had very different experiences. I once spent 20 minutes on the phone to my bank (in India), asking them to put me through to my local branch so that I could talk to them regarding a change of address. He said ok, then put me on hold, then 15 minutes later picked up saying that he'd spoken to my branch and that they would arrange to close my account! No, no no, you stupid man!

12. Jun 23, 2005 #11
    You know it's funny, because our people say the exact opposite, they wonder after talking to you, "What the hell are these stupid people rambling about, I only wish they could genetically alter their voices so I can understand one word of their gibberish."

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  13. Jun 23, 2005 #12
    This topic sucks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  14. Jun 23, 2005 #13

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I've had even worse experiences with people here. :surprised I really haven't had language issues with anyone in India, but perhaps that is due to my impeccable diction. :approve:

klusener, I can just imagine the horror stories those poor workers have about some of the people that call in.

Brewnog, you're English, even Americans can't understand you. :tongue2: :wink:

15. Jun 23, 2005 #14

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have more frequent language barriers with southerners, and Americans than I do with Indians.

This is true. We like to keep it that way. Why do you think we keep using our own versions of words like "jelly", "resume" and "fanny", just to wind you up?!

16. Jun 23, 2005 #15

Pengwuino

Gold Member

In my experiences, the guys are polite and helpful but my god, you have to repeat things over and over. The US guys are normally a'holes.

17. Jun 24, 2005 #16
    Indians always ask for bargains..... We chinese aint gonna give u none .....:)

18. Jun 24, 2005 #17

Art

We really need some Pakistani input to this thread to get the abuse flowing :devil:

19. Jun 24, 2005 #18

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You haven't invaded a country for ages ! Weasels !
    o:)

20. Jun 24, 2005 #19

Pengwuino

Gold Member

rofl... *looks at your location*

21. Jun 24, 2005 #20
    Man how can u not like gulab jamuns. Okay meybe you have to try rasagollas. or Mysore bagh of the finest ghee, or palkova, or ....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?