1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Induced Current

1. Feb 29, 2008 #1
    [SOLVED] Induced Current

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

If I have a scenario where one coil is insider another, in which of the following cases will the induced current in the outer coil be the greater?

3. The attempt at a solution

I would say when the current in the inner coil is increasing rapidly, but I am not sure.

I just read that the faster the any changes are carried in setup, the greater the current, this should mean that if the applied current in the inner coil is increased fast, then the current should be greater, (but that would be for the inner), how about the outer.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 29, 2008 #2
    I should think so. Because faster the current in the inner one changes, the greater the rate of change of flux in the system, and hence, greater the variation of current in the outer coil.

4. Feb 29, 2008 #3
    ok, so far we both agree it's should be when the applied current in the inner coil is increasing rapidly. anyone else agree to this?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?