Induction Charge: Losing Electrons? Help!

In summary, induction charge is the process of creating a positive or negative charge in an object without direct contact with a charged object. It works through the principle of electrostatic induction and can result in an object losing electrons and becoming charged. Induction charge has various everyday applications and is not a permanent process as the charged object can be removed, causing the object to return to a neutral state.
cuongbui1702
23-C21_zpsa81a762b.png

I have a confusing, i think it lose electron instead of gaining electron. Help me, please

Physics news on Phys.org
cuongbui1702 said:
[ IMG]http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab266/tatbocmui/23-C21_zpsa81a762b.png[/PLAIN]

I have a confusing, i think it lose electron instead of gaining electron. Help me, please

What is your understanding of what "charging by induction" means?

Attachments

• 23-C21_zpsa81a762b.png
    23-C21_zpsa81a762b.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 393

1. What is induction charge?

Induction charge is the process by which an object becomes positively or negatively charged without direct contact with a charged object. This occurs through the redistribution of electrons within the object, creating an imbalance of positive and negative charges.

2. How does induction charge work?

Induction charge works through the principle of electrostatic induction. When a charged object is brought near an uncharged object, the charged object's electric field causes a separation of charges in the uncharged object. This results in one side of the object becoming positively charged and the other side becoming negatively charged.

3. Can an object lose electrons through induction charge?

Yes, an object can lose electrons through induction charge. When a negatively charged object is brought near an uncharged object, the negative charges in the uncharged object are attracted to the positive charges in the charged object. This causes an imbalance of charges, resulting in the uncharged object losing electrons and becoming positively charged.

4. What are the applications of induction charge?

Induction charge has various applications in everyday life, such as in the functioning of electric motors and generators. It is also used in technologies such as wireless charging and electrostatic painting. Additionally, induction charge is important in understanding the behavior of lightning and other atmospheric phenomena.

5. Is induction charge a permanent process?

No, induction charge is not a permanent process. The charged object that caused the induction effect can be removed, and the charges in the uncharged object will eventually return to their original positions, resulting in the object becoming neutral again.