1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Industrial placements that are not entirely the same as my future aspirations

1. Aug 12, 2012 #1
    Hi all,

I am looking for some advice/opinions about industrial placement years. I am a second year UK mechanical engineering student with aspirations to work in the automotive industry as a designer, specifically engine/powertrain design. An opportunity has arisen to do a placement with an excellent automotive company, however not as a design engineer but rather a manufacturing systems engineer.

I like the sound of the job description, however my question is whether or not this is worth doing? Will it give me an edge over other applicants when applying for graduate design jobs? Or will I still be seen as having no experience in that particular area?

Thanks

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted