Inequality: Men vs. Women

Make her feel special.This is a vague statement because it depends on the woman. Some women like to be hugged and kissed, some like to be given presents, some like to be taken out to dinner, some like to be told they are pretty, some like to be told they are smart, some like to be helped with their homework, some like to be helped with their career, some like to be called on the phone every day, etc. So this is a very bad statement.- Get job/house/car/career/etc.I have no problems with this statement, but it is very vague. A man should get a job and a career to support himself and his family, regardless of whether or not he has a
JasonRox said:
I want sex a lot. Just not constant like she does. Also, I guess I want other girls too. :smile:

Just that I notice the sex she wants is sometimes associated to feelings about whether I want her or not. I want sex for sex and that's it. She's attaching a lot of symbolism to everything I noticed. Like a high school girl would.

It sounds like she's ready for an exclusive relationship, and you're not.

Physics news on Phys.org
Moonbear said:
:rofl: Send your girlfriend to Jordan.

I've never heard a guy complain about too much sex before. Really. I mean, I understand, most women would probably understand, and I'll bet other guys do too, but none of them would ever admit it. But, yeah, as great as sex is, there needs to be more to a relationship than that or the sex just starts to feel cheap.
Sex needs to be fun and it needs to be fulfilling for both of you. When one or the other sets goals re: sex, it may be time to back off and take a look at your relationship. Sex is a small facet in the inter-social melding that you'll use to bond to another. It may be a strong attraction early on, but other attractions (and annoyances) will emerge later, and that's where infidelity, lying, etc start sliding in. Be honest with your lover.

turbo-1 said:
Sex needs to be fun and it needs to be fulfilling for both of you. When one or the other sets goals re: sex, it may be time to back off and take a look at your relationship. Sex is a small facet in the inter-social melding that you'll use to bond to another. It may be a strong attraction early on, but other attractions (and annoyances) will emerge later, and that's where infidelity, lying, etc start sliding in. Be honest with your lover.

Sex is the only way you can express your love to your partner. You can usually express your love to parents, friends, co-workers, etc. in many different ways but sex is only restricted to your partner, as it should be.

I'll pass on cuddling, giggling, holding hands, and all that "fruity" stuff any day (granted, I still have to do it not as an obligation but because I still care about my wife).

Fornication, ****ing, etc. is an entirely different subject and something I'm not into. I read somewhere 1 in 4 Americans have herpes. **** that.

Jordan Joab said:
Sex is the only way you can express your love to your partner. You can usually express your love to parents, friends, co-workers, etc. in many different ways but sex is only restricted to your partner, as it should be.

I'll pass on cuddling, giggling, holding hands, and all that "fruity" stuff any day (granted, I still have to do it not as an obligation but because I still care about my wife).

Fornication, ****ing, etc. is an entirely different subject and something I'm not into. I read somewhere 1 in 4 Americans have herpes. **** that.

I disagree that sex is the only way to express love to your partner.

JasonRox said:
I disagree that sex is the only way to express love to your partner.

I didn't type that correctly.

Sex is the only form of love expression you can share with a wife/fiancee/girlfriend that you truly care about.

Moonbear said:
It sounds like she's ready for an exclusive relationship, and you're not.

Of course I'm not ready for an exclusive relationship! It makes no sense to me. :smile:

Most of my friends and people I meet know I'm not like that (exclusive) and I never had any problems. Still have interests from girls that would date me and take me seriously. It's not a joke. It takes responsibility. I won't just go and sleep with anyone. It's not what it's about. I had a very very very attractive girl follow me to my apartment one night and I told her to go home. I was not interested. My friends ragged on me for like 2 weeks about it. She wasn't my type so I wasn't interested in starting anything with such a girl. Plus, I have to respect other girls I might be seeing by not sleeping with anyone because of the risk of STD's. But sleeping with other people does not mean I disrespect them and them sleeping with others does not mean they disrespect me. I don't think that way at all. Very difficult to explain online. I apologize and I refuse to go further about it. Avoid trying to "correct" my views since I can't even explain them.

Jordan Joab said:

Sex is the only form of love expression you can share with a wife/fiancee/girlfriend that you truly care about.

That's what you believe.

Sleeping with others does not mean you do not care about the girl/girls you are with. You're connection with another person is indepedent of the connection you have with another girl. So it makes no sense at all that actions taken with one girl has any meaning with regards to a different girl. They are completely independent!

JasonRox said:
Of course I'm not ready for an exclusive relationship! It makes no sense to me. :smile:

Most of my friends and people I meet no I'm not like that and I never had any problems. Still have interests from girls that would date me and take me seriously. It's not a joke. It takes responsibility. I won't just go and sleep with anyone. It's not what it's about. I had a very very very attractive girl follow me to my apartment one night and I told her to go home. I was not interested. My friends ragged on me for like 2 weeks about it. She wasn't my type so I wasn't interested in starting anything with such a girl. Plus, I have to respect other girls I might be seeing by not sleeping with anyone because of the risk of STD's. But sleeping with other people does not mean I disrespect them and them sleeping with others does not mean they disrespect me. I don't think that way at all. Very difficult to explain online. I apologize and I refuse to go further about it. Avoid trying to "correct" my views since I can't even explain them.

Tom Brady, is that you?

Jordan Joab said:

To me, now this is love

I don't think that happens in reality :shy: :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
JasonRox said:
That's what you believe.

Sleeping with others does not mean you do not care about the girl/girls you are with. You're connection with another person is indepedent of the connection you have with another girl. So it makes no sense at all that actions taken with one girl has any meaning with regards to a different girl. They are completely independent!

Millions of ex-wifes disagree with you. And since I'm not a rookie, I'll have to agree with the chicks.

JasonRox said:
Avoid trying to "correct" my views since I can't even explain them.

Not sure if that was aimed toward me or just in general. I wasn't trying to correct your views, I think I was just stating the obvious (sometimes it's not obvious to someone in the middle of a relationship). There's nothing wrong with not being ready for (or not ever wanting) an exclusive relationship. It's only a problem if one half wants one thing and the other half wants another if they are not compatible.

I've done the "one-night-stand" thing when younger...though, not quite the usual way with a total stranger. It was with a friend of a friend I ran into at several parties and get-togethers. We were both going through a "dry spell" and really just wanted no-strings-attached sex. We were actually both worried the other might read more into it, so sat down and talked about it first. We made sure we both fully understood that it was a very specific physical need/desire we were taking care of and that we very well may never speak again afterward, and nobody was going to be upset if that's what happened. He was physically very attractive, but our personalities clashed, so I knew nothing could ever come of it. It served its purpose, though not nearly as good as when there are other feelings to go with it. No regrets, which was important and the point of talking it over first. It's really important to be sure that one person isn't expecting something different than the other in a situation like that or someone's going to be hurt. If you can't sit down and discuss it first, then it's best just not to do it.

Jordan Joab said:
Millions of ex-wifes disagree with you.
I think you're missing the point that Jason isn't promising any form of commitment. It's different if you're married, which implies exclusivity. He's not promising that, and making it pretty clear that marriage ISN'T on his to-do list. If one is into the idea of open relationships, then marriage simply makes no sense.

Moonbear said:
Not sure if that was aimed toward me or just in general. I wasn't trying to correct your views, I think I was just stating the obvious (sometimes it's not obvious to someone in the middle of a relationship). There's nothing wrong with not being ready for (or not ever wanting) an exclusive relationship. It's only a problem if one half wants one thing and the other half wants another if they are not compatible.

I've done the "one-night-stand" thing when younger...though, not quite the usual way with a total stranger. It was with a friend of a friend I ran into at several parties and get-togethers. We were both going through a "dry spell" and really just wanted no-strings-attached sex. We were actually both worried the other might read more into it, so sat down and talked about it first. We made sure we both fully understood that it was a very specific physical need/desire we were taking care of and that we very well may never speak again afterward, and nobody was going to be upset if that's what happened. He was physically very attractive, but our personalities clashed, so I knew nothing could ever come of it. It served its purpose, though not nearly as good as when there are other feelings to go with it. No regrets, which was important and the point of talking it over first. It's really important to be sure that one person isn't expecting something different than the other in a situation like that or someone's going to be hurt. If you can't sit down and discuss it first, then it's best just not to do it.

Oh no! Not you!

I didn't read the whole post yet. Just had to clear that up.

Moonbear said:
I think you're missing the point that Jason isn't promising any form of commitment. It's different if you're married, which implies exclusivity. He's not promising that, and making it pretty clear that marriage ISN'T on his to-do list. If one is into the idea of open relationships, then marriage simply makes no sense.

Fair enough. So, open relationships should have no drama, yes? Man, that sounds like a great deal!

Moonbear said:

Thank you. :smile:

Jordan Joab said:
Fair enough. So, open relationships should have no drama, yes? Man, that sounds like a great deal!

No, that's a naive approach to open relationships which is why it has such a bad connotations and reputation.

Just like any relationship, communication is important.

lisab said:
Jordan - "I'm starving to death!"

Jason - "I'm being fed to death!"

And I really feel bad for both of you :frown: .

OMG. and the PF funniest member award goes to...<drumroll>

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

that is pretty funny---the Goldilocks Syndrome