Approaching an Inequality with 4 Variables: Advice & Solution Set

In summary, the conversation discusses a practical problem involving finding the boundaries of variables that satisfy a given inequality. The solution involves graphing a function in five dimensional space and making assumptions or projections in order to solve it.
a4b3c2d1e0f
Good day, I have this problem that appeared in some practical problem that I'm working on.
I basically want to find the boundaries of a,b,c,d for which the following inequality is satisfied, if a,b,c,d [itex]\in[/itex] ℝ[itex]^+[/itex] and the inequality is:
[itex] -2 \cdot d + c - a \cdot (c \cdot d)^2 + a \cdot c + \frac{1}{a \cdot c \cdot b^2} \ge 0 [/itex]
How would one approach such a problem, to find the exact solution set?
I'm not really expecting you to solve it, but I'd very much like to hear some advice on how to approach such a problem, to get some information from it, because I want to learn something new.
Thanks

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
The inequality relates four variables and maps them to the value of the left hand side. This yields the graph of a function in five dimensional space, a so called four dimensional hypersurface. The solutions are all points on one side of this hypersurface.

I don't see a way to visualize or 'solve' this. One can only make additional assumptions as fixing some variables or perform other projections on lower dimensional spaces.

1. What is "inequality with 4 variables"?

"Inequality with 4 variables" refers to a mathematical statement or equation that has 4 variables (represented by letters) and shows a relationship between them where one or more of the variables is greater than or less than another.

2. How is "inequality with 4 variables" different from "inequality with 3 variables"?

The main difference between "inequality with 4 variables" and "inequality with 3 variables" is the number of variables involved. Inequality with 3 variables involves 3 variables, while inequality with 4 variables involves 4 variables. This means that there are more possible relationships and solutions to consider in inequality with 4 variables.

3. What is the importance of studying "inequality with 4 variables"?

Studying "inequality with 4 variables" is important because it allows us to better understand and analyze complex systems and relationships. It also helps us to make predictions and solve problems in various fields such as economics, science, and engineering.

4. What are some real-life applications of "inequality with 4 variables"?

"Inequality with 4 variables" has many real-life applications, such as in determining the optimal production levels for a company, analyzing economic trends and patterns, and predicting outcomes in scientific experiments. It can also be used in social science research to study the relationships between multiple variables in society.

5. What are some strategies for solving "inequality with 4 variables"?

There are various strategies for solving "inequality with 4 variables", including graphing the inequalities, using substitution or elimination methods, and using matrices and systems of equations. It is also important to accurately define and label each variable and clearly understand the relationship between them before attempting to solve the inequality.