1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Inerpretation of voltage and current phasor in transmission line.

1. Jan 13, 2009 #1
    I have been trying to interpretating the voltage and current phasors in transmission line. I want to verify with you guys/gals here what my understanding. I am using only the voltage phasor as an example. I separate phasor V(z) into V(z)+ and V(z)-. I put the load at z=0 and V(z=0) at +r axis( in blue color). I also use l=-z. My observations are:

1) The +ve and -ve voltage phasors are stationary for any given -[tex]\beta[/tex]z or [tex]\beta[/tex]l.
    2) Different value of [tex]\beta[/tex]l give different position of the two phasors.
    3) The angle of the +ve and -ve phasor are [tex]\beta[/tex]l and -[tex]\beta[/tex]l resp.

[​IMG]

Please give me your thoughts.
    Thanks

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?