Inferior Design

• Thread starter Moridin
  • Start date
This Sundays book review is on the newest book by ID proponent Michael Behe called "The Edge of Evolution" and is reviewed by Oxford evolutionary zoologist Richard Dawkins.

Inferior Design

The second is the book of a man who has given up. Trapped along a false path of his own rather unintelligent design, Behe has left himself no escape. Poster boy of creationists everywhere, he has cut himself adrift from the world of real science. And real science, in the shape of his own department of biological sciences at Lehigh University, has publicly disowned him, via a remarkable disclaimer on its Web site: “While we respect Prof. Behe’s right to express his views, they are his alone and are in no way endorsed by the department.
An another note, how odd that Behe didn't think of dogs.

Answers and Replies

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Go Dawkins. Its a shame that Behe couldn't admit he was wrong and perhaps salvage some sort of career, but perhaps this is necessary to finally kill off this current wave of creationist revivalism. Although something tells me its not the last we'll hear.

Doc Al
Mentor
Go Dawkins.
Indeed. Dawkins really slapped him silly. Gotta love it!

russ_watters
Mentor
I read [most of] "Darwin's Black Box" and it is well written - so well written I get the impression that a lot of people who liked it couldn't get past how well written it was to actually think about the arguments being made. They were ludicrously, transparently simplistic, and even contradictory.

I didn't realize he was from Lehigh and I'm not sure if knowing of the disclaimer makes that good or bad for the school...

I also didn't realize he testified in the Dover, PA case - though I knew about the judge's b!tch slap!

Last edited:
Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Indeed. Dawkins really slapped him silly. Gotta love it!
Ken Miller deserves a lot of credit. He was mentioned in the article.