Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Inferior Design

1. Jul 3, 2007 #1
    This Sundays book review is on the newest book by ID proponent Michael Behe called "The Edge of Evolution" and is reviewed by Oxford evolutionary zoologist Richard Dawkins.

Inferior Design

An another note, how odd that Behe didn't think of dogs.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2007 #2

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Go Dawkins. Its a shame that Behe couldn't admit he was wrong and perhaps salvage some sort of career, but perhaps this is necessary to finally kill off this current wave of creationist revivalism. Although something tells me its not the last we'll hear.

4. Jul 3, 2007 #3

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Indeed. Dawkins really slapped him silly. Gotta love it!

5. Jul 3, 2007 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I read [most of] "Darwin's Black Box" and it is well written - so well written I get the impression that a lot of people who liked it couldn't get past how well written it was to actually think about the arguments being made. They were ludicrously, transparently simplistic, and even contradictory.

I didn't realize he was from Lehigh and I'm not sure if knowing of the disclaimer makes that good or bad for the school...

I also didn't realize he testified in the Dover, PA case - though I knew about the judge's b!tch slap!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  6. Jul 3, 2007 #5
  7. Jul 3, 2007 #6

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ken Miller deserves a lot of credit. He was mentioned in the article.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?