Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Infinite Loop

1. Jun 15, 2015 #1
    So i'm just really curious and this question is fictional, i'm new so i don't know if this is the right place to post this. Anyway, if there is 2 portal facing each other vertically and a person jump on to it, end up falling forever, i wonders how much could that person reach and is there anyway to help him to get out if it without killing him?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2015 #2

fzero

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The cake is a lie.

4. Jun 15, 2015 #3

haushofer

Science Advisor

I'm even more curious about what you mean with this question :P

5. Jun 15, 2015 #4

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Hi Toby N, welcome to PF.

I'm sorry to say that your question is simply not one that we can answer with current physics and, as such, I am going to have to lock this thread since PF rules do not allow discussion of things which aren't part of mainstream science.

That being said, for simplicity's sake, I would assume gravity just acts downward and the person keeps accelerating and I leave it up to you to come up with some creative ways to get this person out of their perpetual fall.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook