1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Infinite Series and Sequences

1. Jul 26, 2012 #1
    Hello.

Having already learned about infinite series and sequences in my calculus class, I'm quite interested in them and especially in learning more about them. If any of you have in mind any good books on the subject which you can recommend to me, it will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 26, 2012 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

To know more about them, you have to do analysis. They are absolutely fundamental there.
    Unfortunately, analysis is not very easy and is quite proof-based.

If you're interested in pursuing analysis, then you should probably start with "Calculus" by Spivak, which is a nice "introduction" to analysis. It's not a very easy book though and it requires you to be very familiar with proofs.

After a first introduction to analysis, you might want to take a look at interesting topics such as Fourier series.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook