Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Inflaton Decay

1. Nov 23, 2015 #1
    Inflation , as proposed, leaves the universe cold and empty. The compensating theory of reheating or preheating then needed to operate after inflationary era. Such theories prefer three legs bosonic decays φ→χχ, which doesn't have any analogy with standard model processes as much as I know. How and on which foundation one could handle the properties of these decays, like decay rate, running of the coupling constant and so on. I just know that such interactions could appear in the Lagrangian by assuming g φ^2χ^2 term and spontaneous symmetry-breaking for the inflaton φ afterward. Of course, the Higg's decay into two photons or two W's have to be considered as close realistic counterparts, though they are gouge particles. I'll appreciate any comment as well as introducing linked references. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook