Information transfer in space - with book research

In summary, the conversation is about a writer seeking help with their book series, which involves a concept of "beings" or information clusters that can transfer information and influence humans. The writer is unsure about the specifics of this concept and is looking for advice and suggestions. They mention a net of information surrounding a planet and ask about the possibility of this being artificial or a natural phenomenon. They also wonder if these clusters are man-made or a physical anomaly. The conversation touches on different possibilities for the origins and nature of these beings, including theories from science fiction and technology. The conversation ends with the writer asking for help in understanding how these beings can be perceived and how they perceive themselves.
NIKOXXII
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct category. Please direct me to the correct one, if I have made a mistake. As I have mentioned in my intro, my knowledge of physics is almost non-existent. I am writing a book series, and I'm trying to base my ideas on science (more or less).

This is one of the questions I am working on right now:
Information transfer in space. I am going to try to explain what I want to understand in the best way I can. In my story, there are "beings," which aren't really beings but more like information "clusters," or even singular "things." There's a concentrated amount of those "clusters" around a particular planet. Originally I meant the planet HD209458b to be the point of interest, but this can change, depending on the results of my research. The information doesn't have to be in clusters either, but at this point, this is the way I see it. The information is stored in some particles, or maybe not particles, but some energy carriers. I don't know. They contain information about, what I call "the net," which (if you could see it) would probably look like a net wrapped around, let's say, the Earth. This net is everywhere, but I am focusing on the Earth's one in my books.

I'm going to concentrate on the "beings" 1st. I have a feeling that the idea I am trying to present isn't new, but I am struggling to understand it. These are the properties (the properties can be changed depending on the results of the research) of the "beings": each particle (or whatever it is - a small something) can influence a recipient, its nervous system, altering the recipient's perception and transferring information to them. As a result, the recipient (let's say, a human) sees another person or an object and even interacts with them, while those things aren't there. I call those information "clusters" beings because humans (or any animals) perceive information they transfer this way. This thing can also cause alteration of human (or any) DNA.

I am sorry if this is confusing. I am confused myself :) But I want to straighten this up in my mind and attach a theory to it.

One single container (the small thing) can travel anywhere, even though it has to be able to move fast or from one dimension to another. It also needs to follow some laws (of space and time, maybe, I guess). There also can be several of those things (which would form clusters) traveling together.

I am trying to figure out what those things could be. What do they carry? Can they be attracted/ attached/ or even originated from the planet I mentioned (or any other planet or body in space)? How do they make nervous system perceive them as information? How can this information see itself through other people's perception and believe that it is an entity?

Does any of this sound familiar to any of you? Or does this sound like a complete nonsense? :)

Any help or advice is welcome!

Thank you in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow, this is a really interesting and complex idea, with lots of possible explanations depending on how Fantasy or how SCI FI you want this to be... So first, would you clarify a few things for me?

Is this net artificial or a property of the planet? what i mean is whether this is something like a quantum level communication system designed for that purpose or is it a natural (or not so natural) property of the electromagnetic field that goes around the planet. (maybe the planet itself is a form of life which we had never understood)

Depending on that, I also need you to tell me if this clusters are man created in order to communicate in this extraordinaire way, or are they some kind of physical anomaly that humanity struggles with. In the second scenario, we could analyse this "beings" (which they are not, but you know what i mean) as another form of life that has been influencing humanity from it's beginnings, but until now couldn't been measured so people just assumed they were hallucinations or divine messages. Or maybe, this is a new phenomenon, like, from one day to the next, people all around the world started having this sightings and now everybody is crazy to know what is going on.

Anyway, this concept you have developed is better "based" on something that we have no idea of, more than making a different analysis of a certain existing theory. For example, blame this events on some other, unknown form of life which exists at a quantum level, transferring information at FTL speed and having a different perception of time or whatever (The film "The arrival" has some interesting thoughts on that). If not, you could also base this concept on some new tech that allows their users to communicate like that, so there is this secret corporation or society that uses this technology to influence humanity or whatever again.

Good luck with your project, i hope this has been useful and i'll keep an eye open in case you answer.

NIKOXXII said:
... The information is stored in some particles, or maybe not particles, but some energy carriers...

Maybe some of Freeman Dyson's astrochickens? He suggested around a kilogram each but newer ideas like the grey goo are much smaller.

NIKOXXII said:
... How do they make nervous system perceive them as information? How can this information see itself through other people's perception and believe that it is an entity?
Maybe shoot photon's at the target. Like a cathode ray tube for example.

1. How does information transfer in space?

Information transfer in space is typically achieved through the use of electromagnetic waves, such as radio waves or microwaves. These waves travel through space at the speed of light and can carry information in the form of radio signals or data packets.

2. What challenges are involved in transmitting information through space?

There are several challenges involved in transmitting information through space. These include the vast distances that need to be covered, the presence of obstacles such as planets or asteroids, and the potential for interference from other sources of electromagnetic radiation.

3. How is information transferred between Earth and spacecraft?

Information is typically transferred between Earth and spacecraft using radio communication. The spacecraft sends a signal to a ground station on Earth, which then relays the signal to its destination. This process can also be reversed, with information being transmitted from Earth to the spacecraft.

4. How do scientists ensure the accuracy and reliability of information transferred in space?

To ensure the accuracy and reliability of information transferred in space, scientists use error correction techniques and redundancy in the data transmission. This helps to minimize errors that may occur during the transfer process and ensures that the information received is as accurate as possible.

5. What role does book research play in understanding information transfer in space?

Book research is an important aspect of understanding information transfer in space. It helps scientists to gain a deeper understanding of the principles and theories behind this process, as well as the historical context and advancements in the field. Books also serve as a valuable resource for the latest research and developments in this area.