Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Infrared and pot growing in home.

1. Nov 2, 2004 #1
    Here in Ontario/Canada police started using helicopters equiped with infrared cameras to detect marijuana grown in residentiall homes.
    As you know growing good pot requires lots of light/heat, so for cops is quite easy to fly over residential homes and check which one has big IR signature and then conduct small investigation and Bingo! another one busted.
    How do you guys think can anyone growing pot (who me? :cool: ) go about this problem and minimize IR problem?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2004 #2

nrqed

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Drug dealers are s** of b******. Just try to do something useful for society instead ob being an as*****

4. Nov 2, 2004 #3
    How about when you are in forrest for example and police is looking for you and are equipped with IR camera?
    If I climbed under the sheet of plastic foil covered on one side with aluminum,then my body heat is reflected back and almost none is radiating out,would that work?
    PS.By the way, home grown is the BEST! MAN! :tongue2:But I have to do something about that goddamn IR.!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?