Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Infrared spectroscopy

1. Jul 27, 2017 #1
    I do attach a plot (pdf and Matlab) of a recorded spectrum where I do not manage to find the gas specie overlapping CO2

Could you help me?

Best Alain

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2017 #2

Charles Link

Homework Helper

One question I have is if you had the gas in some kind of glass container, did you correct your data for spectral runs with the glass, with and without the gas inside?

4. Jul 28, 2017 #3
    Yes, I am using a 35m gas cell of borosilicate and I am corrected the data by using different reference gases (H2 6.0 and He 6.0). This recorded spectrum is only one of 10 different spectra from different samples collected for quality tests. I am keeping the pressure and the temperature constant at respectively 1000 mbar and 320 K during the measurements. All other samples, from various locations (H2 storage facilities) are not showing this special absorbance and it's the first time I have observed this absorbance feature. The other species present in this sample are 340 ppm Ethane, 14 ppm Methane and traces of Propane, IsoButane n-Butane and Ethanol. Regards, Alain

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted