1. PF Contest - Win "Conquering the Physics GRE" book! Click Here to Enter
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Infromation on getting into get into the top graduate schools

1. Apr 26, 2010 #1
    Infromation on getting into get into the "top" graduate schools

I am currently doing my undergraduate in math and physics at York University in Toronto. It is not considered to be a top Canadian school in physics. I am doing relatively very well in the school that I am in (I getting A's and A+'s in all my courses, with only A+'s in physics courses) and I got and NSERC grant for this summer and will probably get another one next summer (NSERC grant means you do research under a physics professor for the summer).

I would very much like to get into one of the top schools I always here about (MIT, Caltech, etc.) but does the fact that I come from a less respectable university mean that I will have a very hard time getting in?

Also I wanted to know what grades do graduate schools look? Is it from all 4 years or just the final 2?

Lastly if anyone knows what school is considered the best Canadian school for physics that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted