What Is the Initial Velocity of a Particle Accelerating for 0.350s?

• Thread starter swatmedic05
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Velocity
In summary, a particle with an acceleration of 6.09m/s for 0.350s will have a velocity of 9.41 at the end of this time. To find the initial velocity, relevant equations from motion can be used. The state of rest or uniform motion unless acted upon by an external unbalanced force suggests that the initial velocity would be zero.
swatmedic05
A particle has an acceleration of 6.09m/s for 0.350s . At the end of this time the particle's velocity is 9.41

How do I find the inital velocity

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Every body remains in a state of rest or uniform motion (constant velocity) unless it is acted upon by an external unbalanced force

So would the answer be zero?

swatmedic05 said:
Every body remains in a state of rest or uniform motion (constant velocity) unless it is acted upon by an external unbalanced force

Sorry I asked for wrong thing, I was referring to motion equations. I have corrected my post.

So would the answer be zero?
But, you are wrong.

Last edited:
?

To find the initial velocity, we can use the equation v = u + at, where v is the final velocity, u is the initial velocity, a is the acceleration, and t is the time. Rearranging this equation to solve for u, we get u = v - at. Plugging in the given values, we get u = 9.41 - (6.09)(0.350) = 7.21 m/s. Therefore, the initial velocity of the particle is 7.21 m/s.

What is initial velocity?

Initial velocity, also known as initial speed, is the velocity of an object at the beginning of its motion. It is the rate at which an object changes its position in a certain direction.

How is initial velocity calculated?

Initial velocity can be calculated by dividing the change in position by the change in time. It can also be calculated by using the equation v = u + at, where v is the final velocity, u is the initial velocity, a is the acceleration, and t is the time.

What is the difference between initial velocity and final velocity?

Initial velocity is the velocity of an object at the beginning of its motion, while final velocity is the velocity of an object at the end of its motion. Final velocity takes into account any changes in velocity during the motion, while initial velocity does not.

What factors can affect the initial velocity of an object?

The initial velocity of an object can be affected by factors such as the force applied, the mass of the object, and any external forces acting on the object. The medium in which the object is moving, such as air resistance, can also affect the initial velocity.

Why is initial velocity important in physics?

Initial velocity is important in physics because it is the starting point for analyzing an object's motion. It helps determine the object's acceleration, displacement, and final velocity. It is also crucial in understanding the laws of motion and how forces act on objects.