1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Inner product space over a Hilbert C*-module

1. Mar 10, 2013 #1
    I am working on this problem, and I am having difficulties with a certain part of a proof:

If [itex]A[/itex] is a [itex]C^*[/itex]-algebra. And [itex]X[/itex] is a Hilbert [itex]A[/itex]-module. Can we say that [itex]\langle X,X \rangle[/itex] has an approximate identity [itex]e_\alpha = \langle u_\alpha , v_\alpha \rangle[/itex] such that [itex]u_\alpha , v_\alpha[/itex] are norm bounded by 1. Where [tex]\langle \cdot , \cdot \rangle [/tex] denotes the inner product.

I know that any [itex]C^*[/itex]-algebra has a bounded approximate identity, and [itex]\langle X,X \rangle[/itex] is a [itex]C^*[/itex]-algebra. So we can have [itex]\| e_\alpha \| = \| \langle u_\alpha , v_\alpha \rangle \| \leq 1[/itex]

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted