Inphase currrent and voltage

• Thread starter usmankhan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Voltage
In summary, you need to specify the source of the input voltage and current, and you need to specify the characteristics of the "machine".
usmankhan
hi,
i m struck in a problem. i have the machine whose input has current and voltage(both have different phase(it may be any)). i want to design a machine whose output has current and voltage both inphase. can anyone help me out. thanx

Physics news on Phys.org
usmankhan said:
hi,
i m struck in a problem. i have the machine whose input has current and voltage(both have different phase(it may be any)). i want to design a machine whose output has current and voltage both inphase. can anyone help me out. thanx

Welcome to the PF. I think we need more information in order to help you. You need to specify the source of the input voltage and current (including the impedance of the source and the voltage levels), and you need to specify the characteristics of the "machine". Is this power factor correction of AC Mains input into an inductive motor-based "machine" or factory? Is this a homework assignment, or an industrial question?

hi,
actually it is home assignment and instructor has left everything on our assumption i-e level of current/voltage or impedence of source.basically input to inductive motor is main supply the output (required) should ve current and voltage inphase.please help me out i m unable how to start the problem even.
i have also send u mail via hotmail. i don't know the actuall method to contact u i-e from here or via hotmail. thanx

Your question is still very confusing.
Are you asking how to do power factor correction?

usmankhan said:
hi,

You just need the inductive and capacitive reactance to be equal (i.e. resonance in an LRC circuit).

Also, since this is homework, you need to post the actual question and your work thus far.

CS

What is inphase current and voltage?

Inphase current and voltage refer to the relationship between the electric current and voltage in a circuit. When the current and voltage have the same frequency and peak at the same time, they are said to be inphase. This means that the current and voltage waveforms are aligned and have the same direction.

How is inphase current and voltage measured?

Inphase current and voltage can be measured using an oscilloscope. The oscilloscope displays the waveform of the current and voltage, allowing for the measurement of their amplitudes and phase difference.

What is the significance of inphase current and voltage?

Inphase current and voltage are important in understanding the behavior of electric circuits. When the current and voltage are inphase, it means that the circuit is operating efficiently and the power being supplied is being used effectively.

What happens when the current and voltage are not inphase?

When the current and voltage are not inphase, it means that the circuit is not operating efficiently and the power being supplied is being wasted. This can lead to overheating and damage to the circuit components.

How can inphase current and voltage be improved?

Inphase current and voltage can be improved by using capacitors and inductors in the circuit. These components can help adjust the phase difference between the current and voltage, allowing for a more efficient use of power.