• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Inphase currrent and voltage

• Thread starter usmankhan
  • Start date
hi,
i m struck in a problem. i have the machine whose input has current and voltage(both have different phase(it may be any)). i want to design a machine whose output has current and voltage both inphase. can anyone help me out. thanx

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
hi,
i m struck in a problem. i have the machine whose input has current and voltage(both have different phase(it may be any)). i want to design a machine whose output has current and voltage both inphase. can anyone help me out. thanx
Welcome to the PF. I think we need more information in order to help you. You need to specify the source of the input voltage and current (including the impedance of the source and the voltage levels), and you need to specify the characteristics of the "machine". Is this power factor correction of AC Mains input into an inductive motor-based "machine" or factory? Is this a homework assignment, or an industrial question?

hi,
actually it is home assignment and instructor has left everything on our assumption i-e level of current/voltage or impedence of source.basically input to inductive motor is main supply the output (required) should ve current and voltage inphase.plz help me out i m unable how to start the problem even.
i have also send u mail via hotmail. i dont know the actuall method to contact u i-e from here or via hotmail. thanx

NoTime
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Your question is still very confusing.
Are you asking how to do power factor correction?

berkeman
Mentor
stewartcs
Science Advisor
hi,
You just need the inductive and capacitive reactance to be equal (i.e. resonance in an LRC circuit).

Also, since this is homework, you need to post the actual question and your work thus far.

CS