1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Inphase currrent and voltage

1. Jun 13, 2008 #1
    hi,
    i m struck in a problem. i have the machine whose input has current and voltage(both have different phase(it may be any)). i want to design a machine whose output has current and voltage both inphase. can anyone help me out. thanx

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 13, 2008 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. I think we need more information in order to help you. You need to specify the source of the input voltage and current (including the impedance of the source and the voltage levels), and you need to specify the characteristics of the "machine". Is this power factor correction of AC Mains input into an inductive motor-based "machine" or factory? Is this a homework assignment, or an industrial question?

4. Jun 18, 2008 #3
    hi,
    actually it is home assignment and instructor has left everything on our assumption i-e level of current/voltage or impedence of source.basically input to inductive motor is main supply the output (required) should ve current and voltage inphase.plz help me out i m unable how to start the problem even.
    i have also send u mail via hotmail. i dont know the actuall method to contact u i-e from here or via hotmail. thanx

5. Jun 18, 2008 #4

NoTime

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Your question is still very confusing.
    Are you asking how to do power factor correction?

6. Jun 18, 2008 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

7. Jun 18, 2008 #6

stewartcs

Science Advisor

You just need the inductive and capacitive reactance to be equal (i.e. resonance in an LRC circuit).

Also, since this is homework, you need to post the actual question and your work thus far.

CS

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?