Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Insane Youtube Video

1. May 17, 2009 #1
    Warning: Don't watch these videos of you are squemish!

Lately, I find myself addicted to watching all sorts of off the wall videos on youtube. Motorcycle crashes, airplane crashes, car crashes, train wrecks. Some of these videos are INSANE!

This guy had a head on with another motorcycle!!! WHAT!!?

-TCKRu02Nzk[/youtube] [url]sEaqf...os are too intense you can close this thread.

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. May 18, 2009 #2
    heh the clearance failure one made me laugh. It said the driver and passenger both got out ok.

There are some CRAZY videos on youtube of airshow crashes in particular the crash in Ukraine of a russian made SU-27 fighter jet... Some of the videos are EXTREMELY graphic. I didn't even know what to think when I saw it for the first time.

4. May 18, 2009 #3

neu

You're pround to be a rubber necker?

5. May 18, 2009 #4
    These videos are scientific : nobody beats Darwin.

6. May 18, 2009 #5
    Pfft, why shouldn't I be?

7. May 18, 2009 #6
    I swear, motorcyclists should be made to wear seat belts!

8. May 18, 2009 #7
    2vOUUT3FNx4&feature=related[/youtube] OUCH!!

9. May 20, 2009 #8

neu

Not a case of should/shouldn't. Although you should be prepared to be exhibited in a similar way if anything tragic were to happen to you. If you don't like the idea of that, then you shouldn't gawp at other people's misfortune.

10. May 20, 2009 #9
    If I'm dead, what does it matter? I promise to roll in my grave vigorously. :wink:

11. May 20, 2009 #10
    jutP6CUpKj4&feature=related[/youtube] Holy cow!

12. May 20, 2009 #11
    2RPVs4gFfr0[/youtube] You have GOT to be kidding me!!

13. May 20, 2009 #12

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

14. May 20, 2009 #13
    I don't mind seeing stuff get destroyed, but seeing people get destroyed is a little disturbing to me, more so when the reason why the video is accessible is because of it's entertainment value.

Something that I think is ironic in some of these videos when someone involved curses and it gets beeped out, but you can still see a car with a family in it getting crushed or whatever the case may be. Not that any of these *points further up the threat at youtube links* videos involve families being crushed in their cars, but I mean in other videos of destruction and people dieing.

15. May 20, 2009 #14
    These people got hurt due to their own negligence.

16. May 21, 2009 #15
    I believe that programs like jackass are creating an illusion, that whenever the camera is running, and the guy behind the camera is laughing, nothing can ever happen. Seeing accidents happen can have the positive effect of vaporizing this illusion.

One of the most disturbing videos I have seen in the internet is a one, in which guy gets shot to his eye with a paint ball gun. (I don't have an url to this video right now, though. It was not on youtube.) The intended stunt was to shoot something that was positioned on the top of the guy's head. This naturally involved lot of laughing and comments "this a dumb idea, hehheh....". If the stunt succeeds, the guy in front of the paint ball gun wins nothing. If the stunt fails, the guy can lose sight of other one of his eyes. The expectation value of the outcome is manifestly negative! How could somebody possibly arrive at the conclusion that the stunt is a good idea? Then the stunt begins, and... BAM! The paint ball hits the eye. Sucks to be dumb.

IMO it is still good idea to show the video to some people. Just in case they happened to believe that it would be impossible for a paint ball to hit eye, when the camera is running and people are laughing.

17. May 21, 2009 #16

neu

I'm not saying it matters to the dead person, I'm saying that it matters to me watching the death of that person, whether it was through stupidity or not. For me it almost matches the mentality of people who shout jump to people who threaten suicide on high buildings, they think it's funny and it happens all the time.

I would however agree with the notion that watching these videos does make it evident how stupidity can kill.

18. May 21, 2009 #17

drizzle

Gold Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm33VeO24oA&NR=1

can’t believe it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTdpD4ILuSE&feature=related

that was close!

19. May 21, 2009 #18
    Your analogy makes no sense.

20. May 21, 2009 #19
    I dont see anyone falling off the sides of mountains in these videos.... :confused:

21. May 21, 2009 #20
    everyone dies but some people die in super cool ways! :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook