1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Insanely Cool Resumes really

1. Jun 29, 2011 #1

rhody

Gold Member

While reading the news today, I stumbled on http://www.businessinsider.com/insa...1-6#joe-kelso-says-his-resume-never-failed-1". After a quick look, I was left wondering, would YOU use any of these forms of resumes in hopes of landing you your next job ? Seriously... DISCUSS...(copyright by Pengy... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, my fine flippered friend)

Rhody... :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 29, 2011 #2
    If my job required a) people skills, b) creativity, and c) graphic/artistic skills, then absolutely I would. But if you used this style for an engineering job application, for instance, then your resume would probably get a laugh, then get chunked.

4. Jun 29, 2011 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

DONT STEAL MY DISCUSS!!!

Anyhow, for creative positions, yah I guess this is pretty cute.

For actual jobs, that's stupid.

5. Jun 29, 2011 #4
    I like the last one that is demoed - I think something like that could work for an engineering company.

6. Jun 29, 2011 #5
    While those are cool, if you look at them almost every person is applying for a job in graphic design.

7. Jun 29, 2011 #6

rhody

Gold Member

Pengy,

See my edit to original post, above, I thought about giving you credit when I posted it, but said, heck, let's see if pengy coughs up a squid over it, and you did not fail to disappoint me, hehe... I hope this edit meets with your approval.

Rhody... :redface: :biggrin: :devil:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  8. Jun 29, 2011 #7

jhae2.718

Gold Member

What's wrong with a LaTeXed CV?

9. Jun 29, 2011 #8

Simfish

Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook