1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Insolation in the uk

  1. May 17, 2009 #1
    I am doing a few calcs regarding heat gain through windows and I am looking fot some typical values to apply for vertical surface NSE&W.
    I currently have figures from a glass manufacturer, a net based calculator and the BRE standar assesment proceedure ( for energy rating houses).
    All three are wildly different with the net based one looking most likely , but does anyone know of any standards or models that can provide a reliable figure I can use.
    many thanks in advance
  2. jcsd
  3. May 19, 2009 #2
    I am leaning further to the net based calculator now.
    But does anyone have any knowledge of gain figures or any idea where to find them

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook