Insomnia: New Face, Old Thoughts, Struggling to Sleep

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the speaker's anger towards their ex and their difficulty in sleeping because of it. They ask for advice and receive suggestions to start a thread on a forum to discuss their feelings and distract themselves from their anger. The conversation also includes an invitation to talk more about the situation.
Smurf
This time with a different face though. I keep thinking about my ex, and what a ***** she is. I'm too angry to sleep.

Any advice?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you get some,please share it with me,too. :wink:

Smurf said:
This time with a different face though. I keep thinking about my ex, and what a ***** she is. I'm too angry to sleep.

Any advice?

Loads, its all so simple, what you do is you start a thread on PF and people
will talk to you about nutty things, like why do we need sleep anyway, how
about a sleep depravation contest, the longest i can remember for me was
about 36HRs.

Smurf said:

Any advice?
What you are going through is perfectly normal. I think we all understand your feelings.

If you want to talk some more about it I will listen.

Math Is Hard said:
If you want to talk some more about it I will listen.
Meh, I wrote about it (what? you expected me to ***** to you on my own time? :biggrin: )

Last edited by a moderator:

What is insomnia?

Insomnia is a sleep disorder characterized by difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep, or waking up too early and not being able to fall back asleep. It can be acute, lasting a few days to weeks, or chronic, lasting for months or even years.

What causes insomnia?

Insomnia can be caused by a variety of factors including stress, anxiety, depression, chronic pain, medications, and certain medical conditions. It can also be a result of poor sleep habits and environmental factors such as noise, light, and temperature.

How is insomnia diagnosed?

Insomnia is typically diagnosed through a physical exam and a sleep history evaluation. Your doctor may also recommend keeping a sleep diary to track your sleep patterns. In some cases, a sleep study may be necessary to rule out other sleep disorders.

How is insomnia treated?

Treatment for insomnia may include medication, therapy, and lifestyle changes. Your doctor may prescribe sleep aids or recommend cognitive behavioral therapy, relaxation techniques, and good sleep hygiene practices. It is important to address any underlying medical or mental health conditions that may be contributing to your insomnia.

Can insomnia be prevented?

While insomnia cannot always be prevented, there are steps you can take to improve your sleep habits and reduce the risk of developing insomnia. These include maintaining a regular sleep schedule, avoiding caffeine and alcohol close to bedtime, creating a comfortable sleep environment, and managing stress and anxiety.