Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Insomniacs UNITE

1. Nov 1, 2004 #1
    Insomniacs UNITE!!!

Am i the only insomniac here? It can get boring when my name is the last one on every single thread...Its actually kinda creepy at about 2 in the morning, see franznietzsche everywhere...

Any other fellow non-sleepers here?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 1, 2004 #2
    Yes, im writing a 5-7 page paper due in 13 hours, I have 3/4 of a page done. :rofl:
  4. Nov 1, 2004 #3
    Sleep is for the dead...

...and those who don'thave homework.
  5. Nov 1, 2004 #4
    WHAT?! So that you can keep me even more awake all night? No way!!
  6. Nov 1, 2004 #5
    It is currently 4 AM local time for me. I have not slept in 24 hours. I'm telling you its a great way to live. Until you realize that the espresso place you love so dearly isn't open at the moment and you in the 36th hour of your day with midterm in 3 hours that you are just starting to study for. Insomnia and procrastination, bad combination.
  7. Nov 1, 2004 #6
    Figured I'd add thissincei think its fromlack of sleep:

Am I hallucinating or are people's signatures gone all fo a second? Do we have them and if so how do we fix them?

I think an hour-long attempt at sleep is in order after the past ten minutes frustration of trying to edit my signature. Which i never had anything in before so the whole thing is very unclear right now.

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
  8. Nov 1, 2004 #7
    I haven't slept in 23 hours, and will go on for another 7. (At least that's how I feel now, but you know how it is.)
  9. Nov 1, 2004 #8

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry guys, it's my fault. I've been recovering from a bout of insomnia and got lots of extra sleep last night. Sorry for stealing your sleep. :redface:
  10. Nov 1, 2004 #9
    Evil, Evil Moonbear.
  11. Nov 1, 2004 #10
    Im pretty sure I have most of you beaten. I havent slept in 38 hours, and I wont be sleeping for another 3 when my class is over. By the way, I got the paper done! I started it at 12:30am , about 9.5 hours ago, and now I have a 6 page paper 12 font single spaced piece of paper jam packed with facts and analysis. The grammar part will be terrible however, because I can hardly proofread the thing at all due to my low attention span due to lack of sleep. Im sure there are sentnece fragments here and there but who cares I got it done and it looks a hell of a lot better than a blank piece of paper!
  12. Nov 1, 2004 #11

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Never fear, I'm back home from all my traveling and back at work today, sucking down my Starbucks lattes, so I'll be returning your sleep to you soon.
  13. Nov 1, 2004 #12
    That beats me out. I managed to snag two late hours before downing a double vanilla latte and trudging to class.

Moonbear has it been your fault for the past year? Or should i blame someone else?
  14. Nov 1, 2004 #13

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You'll have to blame someone else for the rest of the year. I keep blaming my friends with babies. Babies sleep about 12 to 15 hours a day, so they use up all their parents sleep plus some!
  15. Nov 1, 2004 #14
    I try to sleep 7 hours a day/night. But i am only in high school. Still, 7 hours isn't enough for me. :sad:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?