Ennio Morricone: The Power of Inspirational Music

• Music
  • Thread starter dekoi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary, The conversation is about sharing recommendations for inspirational music. The participants mention several classical pieces and artists such as Handel, Beethoven, Vivaldi, and Bach. They also mention more modern artists like Mark Knopfler and Enigma. The main focus of the conversation is on Ennio Morricone, with one person highly recommending his music and others expressing interest in checking it out. The conversation ends with one person mentioning their favorite inspirational music, including the soundtrack to The Mission and the work of Arvo Pärt.
dekoi
For those who really care about music, and see its extreme strength, please do whatever you can to get an album or two by Enio Moricone (or Ennio Morricone). It is absolutely incredible.

I am lost for words.

Science news on Phys.org
i'm listening to samples on amazon.com, & it's surprisingly good. usually i only like the old-school stuff (handel, bach, beethoven) but this guy is pretty good for someone from the 20th century. "once upon a time in the west" sounds the best so far

more inspirational music, if anyone cares:
music for the royal fireworks - handel (better than star wars!)
eroica variations - beethoven (only the glenn gould recording though)
local hero soundtrack - mark knopfler (esp. going home: theme of the local hero)

A Little Night Music - Mozart
Four Seasons - Vivaldi
Overture 1 and 2 - Bach

Those are some of my favourites.

I don't know if your restricting this to Classical/Symphony music, but I like just about anything.

I like the following as well:

Take Your Best Shot - Dope
The Power of I and I - Shadows Fall

For some reason, I also like:

Vanessa Carlton and Michelle Branch

Weird, I know. :)

I don't know who that Enio person is or not, but I'm sold. I'm going to buy the CD before I go to work.

Thanks for sharing. Ill be sure to listen to some of your suggestions.

Enigma is also a great 'band'. Very similar to the soft genre of Enio.

Enio - Chi Mai is a great song as well.

JasonRox said:
Overture 1 and 2 - Bach
overture from what? bach wrote lots of overtures & they're all good

fourier jr said:
overture from what? bach wrote lots of overtures & they're all good

It doesn't say.

I downloaded it so...

Also check out:

Dvorak - New World (All four movements)

Ennio Morricone's soundtrack to The Mission is very good. (The movie's good too.)

Favorite inspirational music: Te Deum by Arvo Pärt

dekoi said:
Enigma is also a great 'band'. Very similar to the soft genre of Enio.

I like them as well. Their greatest hits album is great.

1. How did Ennio Morricone become a famous composer?

Ennio Morricone's rise to fame can be attributed to his prolific career in film scoring. He began his career in the late 1950s, composing music for Italian radio and television. In the 1960s, he gained recognition for his work on the "spaghetti westerns" of director Sergio Leone, including the iconic score for "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly."

2. What inspired Ennio Morricone's music?

Ennio Morricone's music was inspired by a variety of sources, including classical music, traditional Italian folk music, and contemporary pop and rock music. He also drew inspiration from the visual elements of the films he scored, often incorporating unique and unconventional instruments to create a distinctive sound.

3. How did Ennio Morricone's music impact the film industry?

Ennio Morricone's music had a significant impact on the film industry, particularly in the realm of film scoring. His innovative and experimental approach to composing music for film helped to redefine the role of music in cinema, influencing countless composers and filmmakers. He also brought recognition to the importance of film music, earning numerous awards and accolades throughout his career.

4. What are some of Ennio Morricone's most famous works?

Ennio Morricone composed music for over 500 films throughout his career, making it difficult to narrow down his most famous works. However, some of his most recognizable and acclaimed scores include "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly," "The Mission," "Cinema Paradiso," and "The Hateful Eight."

5. What is Ennio Morricone's legacy in the music world?

Ennio Morricone's legacy in the music world is immense. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest film composers of all time, and his influence can be seen in countless film scores and other genres of music. He also left a lasting impact on the film industry, elevating the role of music in cinema and inspiring future generations of composers.