Inspiring entrepreneur looking for expert advice

• Thread starter BOEbeauty
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of hydro dipping and the potential for using it in the cosmetic industry. The speaker is seeking information on the chemical process and formula involved in hydro dipping, as well as potential alternatives to make the process safer for skin. They also mention the need for assistance from chemists and cosmetic chemists.
BOEbeauty
TL;DR Summary
Looking to talk with a Chemist and Cosmetic Chemists that are able to discuss with me the chemical compounds/formula of the hydro dipping process and the idea of using this concept in the beauty/cosmetic industry e.g replacing chemical formulas.
Hi, my name is Brooke and I am looking at developing a product that involves the concepts of Hydro dipping. I would love to know the chemical process of Hydro dipping in particular the 'sticking agent' that allows the transfer of the pattern or color from the water onto the object. Additionally, the specific chemical formula that makes up this process. My idea is to bring the concept of hydro dipping into the cosmetic industry. I am aware that Hydro dipping chemicals are harmful to the skin so I am looking to replace these chemical compounds with something similar that are not harmful to the skin.

Any Chemists and Cosmetic chemists that would be able to assist me would be greatly appreciated. The purpose of this post is for research. As I am not an expert in this field I am unsure as to whether this would actually work. So any comments would be very helpful.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Neat idea. Start here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_transfer_printing
I'm not convinced this process would be particularly harmful. As a comparison, consider temporary tattoos, where the transfer from the paper to the skin operates in roughly the same manner. A temporary tattoo has a paper backing and a water-soluble (usually something like gelatin or PVA) layer, on top of which a design is printed. When the paper is wetted, the soluble layer dissolves and the design is transferred to skin. Hydrodipping basically works the same way, except there's no paper backing. The soluble layer is floated directly in water and dissolves, giving a film on the surface.

The most difficult part I envision for your application would probably be correctly positioning the cosmetics: things tend to move around rather uncontrollably when they're floating on a water surface. Maybe also look at Langmuir-Blodgett troughs:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langmuir–Blodgett_trough

Likes BOEbeauty, BillTre and jim mcnamara
Welcome to the PF. :smile:
BOEbeauty said:
Any Chemists and Cosmetic chemists that would be able to assist me would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry, that is not an appropriate solicitation for the PF. Perhaps check out your local university or Craigslist to try to find some help with your idea/project. This thread is now closed.

Likes BOEbeauty

1. What qualities make a successful entrepreneur?

Some qualities that make a successful entrepreneur include determination, resilience, creativity, adaptability, and a strong work ethic. These traits allow entrepreneurs to overcome challenges and take advantage of opportunities.

2. How can I find a mentor or expert to guide me in my entrepreneurial journey?

One way to find a mentor or expert is to network and attend events in your industry. You can also reach out to successful entrepreneurs or professionals through social media or professional networking sites. Additionally, many universities and organizations offer mentorship programs for aspiring entrepreneurs.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid as an entrepreneur?

Some common mistakes to avoid as an entrepreneur include not conducting enough market research, underestimating costs and expenses, not having a solid business plan, and not seeking feedback or advice from others. It is also important to avoid overworking and burning out.

4. How can I stay motivated and inspired as an entrepreneur?

To stay motivated and inspired, it is important to set clear goals and regularly remind yourself of why you started your entrepreneurial journey. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people, and take breaks to avoid burnout. It can also be helpful to continuously learn and stay updated on industry trends and developments.

5. What are some ways to fund my business as an aspiring entrepreneur?

There are several ways to fund a business as an aspiring entrepreneur. Some options include self-funding, crowdfunding, loans from family and friends, angel investors, and venture capital. It is important to carefully consider the pros and cons of each option and choose the one that best fits your business and goals.