How to Explain and Diagram a Sound Instrument Project?

In summary, the conversation discusses the requirements for a project which involves creating an instrument and writing a report. The report must include correct usage of wave unit vocabulary and hand-drawn explanatory diagrams. Examples of projects mentioned are metal cans of different sizes and a panflute made of straws of varying lengths. The individual is seeking guidance on how to explain their projects and what diagrams to include.
instrumentphy
So I have to make an instrument and write a report but I'm stuck on the report.
It says to
-Uses all the wave unit vocabulary correctly(things like frequency,amplitude,wavelength,type of waves etc.), at grade level, and specific to your instrument. eg. standing wave, damping
and
-Includes hand-drawn explanatory diagrams.
The project that I made was with metal cans of different size.
The other project that I made was a panflute made out of straws in different lengths
How would I explain it? What kind of diagrams should I include?

Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is an instrument project and report?

An instrument project and report is a detailed documentation of a scientific instrument that has been designed, developed, and tested by a scientist or a team of scientists. It includes information about the purpose, design, components, and functionality of the instrument, as well as the results of any experiments or tests conducted with the instrument.

2. Why is it important to have an instrument project and report?

An instrument project and report serves as a record of the development and performance of a scientific instrument. It allows other scientists to understand the design and functioning of the instrument, replicate experiments, and build upon previous work. It also helps in identifying any flaws or limitations of the instrument and suggests improvements for future versions.

3. What are the key components of an instrument project and report?

The key components of an instrument project and report include a detailed description of the instrument, its purpose and design, a list of all components and their specifications, the methodology used for testing and validation, results of experiments or tests conducted with the instrument, and any limitations or future improvements that can be made to the instrument.

4. How is an instrument project and report different from a scientific paper?

An instrument project and report focuses specifically on the development and performance of a scientific instrument, while a scientific paper may cover a broader topic or research question. An instrument project and report is more technical and detailed, providing information about the design, components, and testing of the instrument, while a scientific paper typically focuses on the results and implications of an experiment or study.

5. Who should read an instrument project and report?

An instrument project and report is primarily intended for other scientists and researchers who may be interested in the instrument or conducting similar experiments. It can also be useful for students, engineers, and anyone interested in the development and functioning of scientific instruments.