How to Find the 't' Value in Integral Calculus?

In summary: Here, the anti-derivitive of x is [itex]x^2/2[/itex]. So you have[tex]\frac{x^2}{2}\right|_0^t= M[/itex][tex]\frac{t^2}{2}- \frac{0^2}{2}= \frac{t^2}{2}= M[/itex][tex]t= \sqrt{2M}[/tex] More generally, if [itex]\int^t_0 f(x) dx= M[/itex], you will need to use "anti-derivatives" to solve for t.
temp
hello
commonly we have:
[tex]\int^t_0 \ dx=M[/tex]

"M" is a specific number (the result of integal)

my question:
having value of "M", how we can find the "t" value

Mathematics news on Phys.org
temp said:
hello
commonly we have:

my question:

This sounds much like homework to me. >"<

What have you done? Have you tried anything?

Ok, I'll give you some hints then:

1. What is the anti-derivative of: [tex]\int dx = ?[/tex]

2. What is : [tex]\int_0 ^ t dx = ?[/tex] in terms of t?

3. What is the relation between t, and M?

temp said:
hello
commonly we have:

my question:

In case this isn't homework and is a question from curiosity: In general, there is a function being integrated; [tex]\int^t_0 f(x) dx=M[/tex]. In which case, the answer to your question is "only if we know the function, f."

i know the function f(x)
suppose that f(x) is x

[tex]\int^t_0 x dx=M[/tex]

What IS the integral (anti-derivative) of x? Do the integration on the left, set it equal to M and solve the equation for t.

In the very simple case, you started with, [itex]\int_0^t dx[/itex], the anti-derivative of the constant 1 is just x
[tex]\int_0^t dx= x\right|_0^t= t[/itex]
In that case, whatever number M is, you have t= M. For the case of
[tex]\int_0^t x dx= M[/tex]
it is almost as simple.

1. What is an integral inverse?

An integral inverse is a mathematical concept that involves finding the original function from its derivative. It is the opposite of differentiation, where the derivative is found from the original function.

2. How is the integral inverse related to integration?

The integral inverse and integration are closely related as they both involve finding the original function from its derivative. Integration is the process of finding the area under a curve, while the integral inverse involves finding the original function from its derivative.

3. What is the difference between integral inverse and inverse functions?

The integral inverse is a mathematical concept that involves finding the original function from its derivative, while inverse functions are two functions that undo each other. Inverse functions are found by switching the x and y variables, while the integral inverse is found through integration.

4. What is the importance of understanding integral inverse in real-world applications?

Understanding integral inverse is important in many real-world applications, such as physics, engineering, and economics. It allows us to analyze and model real-world phenomena, such as motion, growth, and change, by finding the original function from its derivative.

5. How can integral inverse be used to solve problems in calculus?

Integral inverse can be used to solve problems in calculus by allowing us to find the original function from its derivative, which is necessary for many types of integration problems. It also helps us to understand the relationship between a function and its derivative, which is crucial in calculus.