Help with Integral Problem: f(t), r, h, a

• Thread starter nejla
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integral
In summary, the integral of the given expression is 1/4 times the product of the three terms (h cos(t)-a sin(t)), (a cos(t)+h sin(t)), and r, multiplied by a complicated expression involving cosines, sines, and logarithms. This result has been verified using computer algebra software.
nejla
Hello all,

Can you help me to derive the following integral?

f(t)=sqrt(r^2-(h*cos(t)-a*sin(t))^2)*(a*cos(t)+h*sin(t))*(h*cos(t)-a*sin(t))

Integral (f(t),t)?

Please note that r,h, and a are constant values.

Any help would be really appreciated.Thank you
Nejla

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
The expression looks funny - typos?

Hopefully this helps. It's the right answer. I checked it in my computer algebra software too.

integral sqrt(r^2-(h cos(t)-a sin(t))^2) (a cos(t)+h sin(t)) (h cos(t)-a sin(t)) dr =

1/4 (h cos(t)-a sin(t)) (a cos(t)+h sin(t)) (r sqrt(-2 (a^2+h^2-2 r^2)+2 (a^2-h^2) cos(2 t)+4 a h sin(2 t))-2 (h cos(t)-a sin(t))^2 log(2 sqrt(-2 (a^2+h^2-2 r^2)+2 (a^2-h^2) cos(2 t)+4 a h sin(2 t))+4 r))+constant

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?...))^2)*(a*cos(t)+h*sin(t))*(h*cos(t)-a*sin(t))

1. What is an integral?

An integral is a mathematical concept that represents the area under a curve on a graph. It is also used to find the total accumulation or accumulation rate of a quantity over a given interval.

2. What is the notation for an integral?

The notation for an integral is ∫f(x)dx, where f(x) is the function being integrated and dx represents the infinitesimal change in the independent variable x. This notation is known as the Riemann integral.

3. How do I solve an integral?

To solve an integral, you can use various methods such as substitution, integration by parts, or trigonometric substitution. You can also use online integral calculators to get the solution.

4. What is the significance of the variables in the integral problem: f(t), r, h, a?

f(t) represents the function being integrated, r is the upper limit or the upper bound of the integral, h is the lower limit or the lower bound of the integral, and a is the constant or coefficient of the function f(t).

5. How can integrals be applied in real life?

Integrals have various applications in real life, such as calculating the area under a curve in physics to find the displacement of an object, finding the volume of a solid in engineering, and determining the total cost or profit in business and economics.