Integral's Semi Retirement

• Thread starter Integral
  • Start date

Phobos

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo said:
But now Greg has given you the power to float across all forums!!!! Your powers know no boundaries now!! :approve:
A cleverly orchestrated power grab! :wink:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
ZapperZ said:
I'd pay money to see Integral in Evo's high heel pumps.

Zz.
I would pay if it meant that I didn't have to look. :surprised

Danger

Gold Member
Integral said:
undoubtedly, dainty little shoes, defies imagination!
As I recall, that didn't stop you from wearing her sun bonnet.

So I guess if you're retired, I can go back to calling you 'the old fart'.

Congrats, Zapper. Good on ya.

Integral

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Danger said:
As I recall, that didn't stop you from wearing her sun bonnet.

So I guess if you're retired, I can go back to calling you 'the old fart'.

Congrats, Zapper. Good on ya.
Be kind this is sensitive time of the year for me.

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Integral said:
Florida = snkes nd llgtors nd humidity nd ... no thnks I will sty in the PNW

my keybord is dying first the left shiftkey now it looks like the letter before b is giving up the ghost nd posslibly the exclmtion point s well . ctully it ppers to be the entire row Oh no how cn I type pper with out n or Think it is bed time.
Oh NO!!!! He's already starting to fade away! :surprised

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hey, now seriously folks, I think Integral deserves a huge virtual applause for his many hours donated not only to furthering science education, but also helping to make PF what it is today. He has been a great asset here at PF from nearly the beginning.

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Standing ovation!

CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

Danger

Gold Member
Yeah... what he said. :approve:

I guess I'll hold off with the nickname for now. After all, I still owe you for the Vamp pix. Don't get too comfortable, though. :biggrin:

Janus

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

Integral

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Alright, thanks already!.... Any more of that and they will be expecting a speech!

clap.

:smile:

...This post was supposed to follow Janus'. Thank you for killing the masterful anticlimactic effect I was about to make, Integral.

Last edited:

Janus

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Since Our esteemed colleague appears reluctant to speak, I'll do so on his behalf.

I've been here since the "Early Days", not as long as some of you, but long enough to remember PF as it once was. They were rough times. The battles were fierce, and those of us fighting the "good fight" were barely holding our own, it would not have taken much for us to be overwhelmed by the powers of darkness.

But then, on the Net horizon appeared a figure, an imposing figure who with mere keystrokes scattered the minions of crackpottery and ignorance, rallying the troops under the standard of reason. The tide turned, and PF survived to become the glowing jewel it is today.

And now our shining warrior has decided to step down from the lime-light, to reap a well deserved rest.

So let's raise our glasses into Salute:

To Integral!

Evo

Mentor
Janus said:
And now our shining warrior has decided to step down from the lime-light, to reap a well deserved rest.

To Integral!
Salute!!!!!! :approve:

(but in reality he has become more powerful) He's like Obi-Wan Kenobi when he raises his lightsaber to allow Darth Vader to kill him, except the only thing remaining is his robe. He becomes part of the force. :approve:

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Janus said:
I've been here since the "Early Days", not as long as some of you, but long enough to remember PF as it once was. They were rough times.
I'll say. Integral was already the Physics Mentor when I got here in 2002, but I remember that his predecessor was a raging crank.

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It was indeed scandium.

Lisa!

Gold Member
I think we should held a party for both of them in the Tiki Bar and of course all site managers and super mentors should come!
By the way,who is Zz? :confused: Isn't he Zinedine Zidane?! :wink:

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Janus said:

To Integral!
Gezuar. Bismillah. Genatzt. Prosit. Op uw gezonheid. Saude. Kan bei. Na Zdravi. Skal. Proost. Fee sihetak. Je zia sano. Tervist. Kippis. A votre sante. Prosit. Eis Igian. Kasugta. Okole maluna. L'chaim. Kedves egeszsegere. Santanka nu. Apki Lambi Umar Ke Liye. Sláinte. Salute. Kampai. Kong gang ul wi ha yo. I sveikas. Slamat minum. Salud. Saha wa'afiab. Kia ora. Sanda bashi. Mabuhay. Na zdrowie. A sua saude. Noroc. Na zdorovia. Sawasdi. Serefe. Boovatje zdorovi. Iechyd da. Zivio. Oogy wawa. Cheers and Down the Hatch! :biggrin:

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

Moonbear said:
Op uw gezonheid.
you mean 'op uw gezondheid' Moonbear ?

Straf dat gij deze uitdrukking kent...mooi zo...congrats

marlon

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
marlon said:
you mean 'op uw gezondheid' Moonbear ?

Straf dat gij deze uitdrukking kent...mooi zo...congrats

marlon
I don't know...I just went hunting for phrases to be said with toasts; supposedly they are the equivalent to "cheers" or "to your health" but since I don't know most of those languages, I just had to hope I got the right phrases. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
I don't know...I just went hunting for phrases to be said with toasts; supposedly they are the equivalent to "cheers" or "to your health" but since I don't know most of those languages, I just had to hope I got the right phrases. :biggrin:
it is worth gold if you know that many languages.

you must have at least a six digit salary, Moonbear

way to go

girlpower

marlon

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
2018 Award
Hey Integral, do you realize that people are trying to give you the clap?

I'd run away very quickly if I were you. :)

Zz.

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
marlon said:
it is worth gold if you know that many languages.

you must have at least a six digit salary, Moonbear

way to go

girlpower

marlon
:rofl: I wish...on both accounts! I'm working toward that salary, slowly but surely (actually, the one nifty thing I've discovered about academics is that although you start out grad school with a stipend that even WalMart workers would pity, it increases by leaps and bounds as you move up the ranks; when you get raises, they are substantial).

Though, as I was tracking down those phrases, I did realize I knew quite a few of them...apparently I can drink in many languages, I just never knew how to spell any of them! :biggrin: I'm character challenged too, so if any of them require diacritical marks to be correctly spelled (like umlauts), I can't include those (one of the few downsides to posting from a Mac; the codes just don't work).

So, when do we throw the retirement party for Integral and the inaugural ball for ZZ? Hey, wait, we still haven't had an inaugural ball for Gokul either! *chants* Party! Party! Party! Party! Party! Party!

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
Hey, wait, we still haven't had an inaugural ball for Gokul either! *chants* Party! Party! Party! Party! Party! Party!
yeah, we should do that first

great idea

marlon

Lisa!

Gold Member
I think it's the best time to hold a party for Integral because of his semi-retirement and his birthday!

Happy Birthday Integral!

honestrosewater

Gold Member
Has no one said that Integral has been an integral part of PF? :approve:
Seriously, how can you pass that up? :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: