1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Integrated Circuit - Simple question from Eisberg's Quantum Physics

1. Oct 14, 2012 #1
    1. A p-n junction is a double layer of opposite charges separated by a small distance and has the properties of a capacitance. The resistivity of a semiconductor can be controlled by doping. Thus the elements in the trasistor circuit of Figure 13-24a can be manufactured on a p-n-p semiconductor with appropriate layers etched away as shown in Figure 13-24b. This is an integrated circuit. Label the appropriate parts of Figure 13-24b with the correspondig numbers and letters of Figure 13-24a

. I just couldn't understand how to identify the parts. I just know that the electrons flow in the direction G - E - B. Could someone help me on this?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted