Integrate 1/(x*lnx): Integration by Parts

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of using integration by parts to solve the integral of 1/(x*lnx). However, it is suggested that it may not be the best approach and that looking for derivatives within the integrand may be more effective. Additionally, it is mentioned that without seeing the attempted solution, it is difficult for anyone to provide help. It is ultimately concluded that integration by parts may not be a viable method for this particular integral.
LCSphysicist
TL;DR Summary
can integrate 1/(x*lnx) by parts??

Physics news on Phys.org
LCSphysicist said:
Summary:: .

can integrate 1/(x*lnx) by parts??
Parts is probably not the best approach. Instead, look for derivatives within the integrand.

PeroK said:
Parts is probably not the best approach. Instead, look for derivatives within the integrand.
Yeh, i know that there is a easier way to resolve it. But i see that try by part we can't ccame in the right answer, i need to now if i made a error or indeed we can't use integral by parts here, and if we cant, why?

LCSphysicist said:
Yeh, i know that there is a easier way to resolve it. But i see that try by part we can't ccame in the right answer, i need to now if i made a error or indeed we can't use integral by parts here, and if we cant, why?
You'll need to post your attempt. No one can help if we can't see what you've done.

Integration by parts doesn't look promising to me.

What is integration by parts?

Integration by parts is a method used in calculus to find the integral of a product of two functions. It is based on the product rule of differentiation and involves splitting the integrand into two parts and integrating one part while differentiating the other.

How do I integrate 1/(x*lnx) using integration by parts?

To integrate 1/(x*lnx) using integration by parts, you can choose u = 1/lnx and dv = 1/x. Then, using the formula for integration by parts, you can integrate u and differentiate dv to obtain the final integral.

What are the benefits of using integration by parts?

Integration by parts is a useful tool in calculus as it allows us to integrate products of functions that cannot be integrated using other methods. It can also be used to simplify complicated integrals and solve differential equations.

What are the limitations of integration by parts?

Integration by parts is not always applicable and may not work for all integrals. It also requires careful selection of u and dv, which can sometimes be a difficult task. Additionally, it may require multiple iterations to obtain the final integral.

How can I improve my skills in integrating using integration by parts?

Practicing and familiarizing yourself with different types of integrals and their solutions using integration by parts can help improve your skills. You can also seek help from a tutor or use online resources to understand the concept and its applications better.