How do I integrate the first part of this double integral?

In summary, the conversation is about a surface integral involving the expression \int\int(\frac{xz}{\sqrt{16-x^{2}}+x})dzdx. The person is asking for clarification on which type of integration to use, and the solution is given as \int(4x+8)dz = 90. The conversation then continues to discuss the limits of integration and the suggested method for solving the integral.
Lorentz_F
Why hello,

I have come across the surface integral [tex]\int\int(\frac{xz}{\sqrt{16-x^{2}}+x})dzdx[/tex]

My query is, which type of integration do I use to solve the first part of this double integral. The solution is: [tex]\int(4x+8)dz[/tex] = 90

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Lorentz_F said:
Why hello,

I have come across the surface integral [tex]\int\int(\frac{xz}{\sqrt{16-x^{2}}+x})dzdx[/tex]

My query is, which type of integration do I use to solve the first part of this double integral. The solution is: [tex]\int(4x+8)dz[/tex] = 90
No one can tell you why the answer is that particular number if you don't tell us what the limits of integration are! And, while it is easy to integrate with respect to z, it the limits of integration on z are functions of x, that would strongly affect how you did the integral with respect to x. Please tell us what the limits of integration are.

well the limits are Z=0, z=5, x=0, x=4, but what I'm after is what type of integration to use i.e. by substitution, parts, product malarchy or what? Just from looking at the bit [tex]\left(\frac{xz}{\sqrt{16-x^{2}}}+x\right)[/tex] as I havn't the foggiest.

Thank you.

oh and the fist equation is wrong, the bit in the middle is as I've just posted, sorry, and i see your point on the function of x limits now

Now I'm wondering what "product malarchy" means! It sounds dangerous.

[tex]\int_{x= 0}^4\int_{x= 0}^5 \left(\frac{xz}{\sqrt{16- x^2}}+ x\right)dzdx[/tex]

The simplest thing to do is to separate the integrals as:
[tex]\left(\int_{x= 0}^4 \frac{x}{\sqrt{16- x^2}} dx\right)\left(\int_{z=0}^5 zdz\right)+ \left(\int_{x=0}^4 x dx\right)\left(\int_{z=0}^5 dz\right)[/tex]

To integrate the first of those, let [itex]u= 16- x^2[/itex]. The others should be easy.

1. What is integration guidance required?

Integration guidance required refers to the process of combining different components or systems together to function as one cohesive unit. This is often necessary when working with complex technologies or software systems.

2. Why is integration guidance required?

Integration guidance is required to ensure that all components or systems work together seamlessly and efficiently. It helps to avoid errors, reduce redundancy, and improve overall performance.

3. Who needs integration guidance?

Integration guidance may be needed by scientists, engineers, software developers, or anyone working with complex systems that require integration. It is also commonly used in industries such as healthcare, finance, and manufacturing.

4. What are the key considerations for integration guidance?

Some key considerations for integration guidance include understanding the requirements of each component or system, identifying potential issues or conflicts, and developing a clear plan for integration. It is also important to have a thorough understanding of the technology and any relevant protocols or standards.

5. How can I ensure successful integration with proper guidance?

To ensure successful integration, it is important to follow a systematic approach, thoroughly test the integrated system, and have a contingency plan in case of any issues. It is also helpful to consult with experts or seek out resources for best practices and guidance specific to your integration needs.