What is the increase in a cattle population between the 4th and 6th years?

In summary, integration is a mathematical concept used to find the area under a curve or accumulation of a quantity. It is important for success in higher-level math and science courses, but can be challenging for many students. There are various techniques for solving integration problems, and while a calculator can be helpful, it is not recommended to rely on it solely. However, there are some functions that cannot be integrated using standard techniques and may require numerical methods or approximations.
MillerL7
A population of cattle is increasing at a rate of 200 + 10t per year, where t is measured in years. By how much does the population increase between the 4th and 6th years. What is the total increase?

I tried using integration, and have b=6 and a=4, with interval of 2, but it was wrong. Please help me. Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
[tex]P(t) = \int (200+10t)dt = 200t+ 5t^2[/tex]
[tex]P(6)-P(4)=?[/tex]

If you did that and you got it wrong, i really don't know...

thank you! that is correct, I understand that one now

What is integration?

Integration is a mathematical concept that involves finding the area under a curve or the accumulation of a quantity over a given interval. It is an essential tool in calculus and is used to solve various problems in physics, engineering, and economics.

Why do I need help with integration homework?

Integration can be a challenging concept to understand, and many students struggle with it. Having a solid understanding of integration is crucial for success in higher-level math and science courses. Seeking help with integration homework can improve your understanding and grades.

What are some common integration techniques?

There are several techniques for solving integration problems, including substitution, integration by parts, partial fractions, and trigonometric substitution. Each technique is used depending on the form of the function being integrated.

Can I use a calculator for integration homework?

While a calculator can be helpful for checking your work, it is not recommended to solely rely on it for integration problems. Understanding the concepts and techniques is crucial for success in integration and future math courses.

Is it possible to solve all integration problems?

While integration is a powerful tool, there are some functions that cannot be integrated using standard techniques. These functions are known as "non-integrable" or "non-elementary" functions. In such cases, numerical methods or approximations may be used to find the integral.