Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Integration in Femlab

1. Sep 27, 2007 #1
    Hi,
    I have three PDEs plus 2 coupled eq in integral format. does anyone know how to do the integration in Femlab?
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 28, 2007 #2

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi Mery, are you after introducing an integral of some quantity in the analysis or "just" integrating something for post-processing or such? For the former, integration coupling variables might do the trick, for the latter, the post-processing integration commands ("meshintegrate", "postint") would be usable.

4. Sep 28, 2007 #3
    Hi PerennialII,
    Is not for post proccessing. It's my main equation which is coupled with my PDE eq. in my PDE I have to variables call C and q which both of them change with respect to time and for q I have another eq which is in integral format and is kind of averaging over the radius.
    Thanks for your help

5. Sep 29, 2007 #4

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sounds like could try to implement it using integration coupling variables, i.e. can define an integral over a domain/surface/edge and use (project) the resulting variable to your another equation and its domain. You've access to the manuals?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?