Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Integration in Femlab

1. Sep 27, 2007 #1
    Hi,
    I have three PDEs plus 2 coupled eq in integral format. does anyone know how to do the integration in Femlab?
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 28, 2007 #2

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi Mery, are you after introducing an integral of some quantity in the analysis or "just" integrating something for post-processing or such? For the former, integration coupling variables might do the trick, for the latter, the post-processing integration commands ("meshintegrate", "postint") would be usable.

4. Sep 28, 2007 #3
    Hi PerennialII,
    Is not for post proccessing. It's my main equation which is coupled with my PDE eq. in my PDE I have to variables call C and q which both of them change with respect to time and for q I have another eq which is in integral format and is kind of averaging over the radius.
    Thanks for your help

5. Sep 29, 2007 #4

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sounds like could try to implement it using integration coupling variables, i.e. can define an integral over a domain/surface/edge and use (project) the resulting variable to your another equation and its domain. You've access to the manuals?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook