Integration Tables: Robust Online Resources for \int x sin(ax) sin(bx) dx

• Thread starter Xkaliber
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integration
In summary, An integration table is a tool used in mathematics to find the indefinite integral of a given function. It contains a list of known integrals and their corresponding antiderivatives, which can be used to solve integration problems. To use an integration table, you need to identify the function you want to integrate and find a similar function in the table. Then, you can use the corresponding antiderivative from the table to solve your integration problem. However, an integration table only contains a limited number of known integrals and may not have the antiderivative for every function. In some cases, other integration techniques may be needed. There are many online resources available for integration tables, which can be accessed for free and can be a helpful tool
Xkaliber
Does anyone know of any online integration tables that are fairly robust?

I need to know how to integrate [tex]\int x sin(ax) sin(bx) dx[/tex]

Physics news on Phys.org
integrals.wolfram.com/index.jsp doesn't work?

EDIT: Lol... I forgot how it bungles trig... it probably gives a right answer, but it's not the one you want

The calculator gave me [tex]\frac{1}{2}(\frac{cos((a-b)x)}{(a-b)^2}-\frac{cos((a+b)x)}{(a+b)^2}+\frac{xsin((a-b)x)}{(a-b)}-\frac{xsin((a+b)x)}{(a+b)})[/tex]

Is this correct?

1. What is an integration table?

An integration table is a tool used in mathematics to find the indefinite integral of a given function. It contains a list of known integrals and their corresponding antiderivatives, which can be used to solve integration problems.

2. How do I use an integration table?

To use an integration table, you need to identify the function you want to integrate and find a similar function in the table. Then, you can use the corresponding antiderivative from the table to solve your integration problem.

3. Can I use an integration table for any function?

No, an integration table only contains a limited number of known integrals. It may not have the antiderivative for every function. In some cases, you may need to use other integration techniques to find the solution.

4. Are there any online resources for integration tables?

Yes, there are many online resources available for integration tables, including websites, software programs, and mobile apps. These resources can be accessed for free and can be a helpful tool for solving integration problems.

5. How accurate are integration tables?

Integration tables are highly accurate, as they contain known integrals that have been verified and tested by mathematicians. However, it is important to note that human error or typos can still occur, so it is always best to double-check your work when using an integration table.